Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

John Kerry - Did I say that?!?!

Question

After listening to opinion after opinion today on the talk radio station (only station we could pick up well on the jobsite) I came home to this photo in my email box.

I think Kerry is a pompous ass...He hasn't even bothered to try to retract, back up & punt...nothing.........and this picture is HILARIOUS!

109 answers to this question

After listening to opinion after opinion today on the talk radio station (only station we could pick up well on the jobsite) I came home to this photo in my email box.

I think Kerry is a pompous ass...He hasn't even bothered to try to retract, back up & punt...nothing.........and this picture is HILARIOUS!

Yeah, Kerry's comment was almost as stupid as these....

President Bush: "Peter. Are you going to ask that question with shades on?"

Peter Wallsten of the Los Angeles Times: "I can take them off."

Bush: "I'm interested in the shade look, seriously."

Wallsten: "All right, I'll keep it, then."

Bush: "For the viewers, there's no sun."

Wallsten: "I guess it depends on your perspective."

Bush: "Touche.

--an exchange with legally blind reporter Peter Wallsten, to whom Bush later apologized, Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --George W. Bush, interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

"We recently found two mobile biological weapons facilities which were capable of producing biological agents." Source: President Talks to Troops in Qatar, White House (6/5/2003).

"We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories. You remember when Colin Powell stood up in front of the world, and he said, Iraq has got laboratories, mobile labs to build biological weapons. They're illegal. They're against the United Nations resolutions, and we've so far discovered two. And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." Source: Interview of the President by TVP, Poland, White House (5/29/2003).

"Our intelligence sources tell us that he has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes suitable for nuclear weapons production." Source: President Delivers "State of the Union", White House (1/28/2003)

He apologized to military personnel if he comments were misinterpreted.

I, personally, think that getting 3000 of our military killed for a lie is a worse crime than being misquoted.

Kerry aka "The Flip Flopper" lost for a reason. Now he's being an ass...make that a stuck up ass. Man I'm glad I didn't vote for that idiot. The Democrats should throw that phony medal guy out of there party..What a disgrace.

John Edwards should have been running for pres. for that party and Kerry should have done what he can do best..flipping burgers:) That Flip flopper flop flipper..

Democrat or republican you can't deny what he said and he can't lie his way out of it by saying he was talking about the president.Everybody is so quick to take sides. Common sense goes out the window.

That is a very backhanded apology. Not "I apologize for what I said". I apologize IF you took them wrong.

But they weren't misinterpreted. They were in fact, quite clear.

I, personally, think that getting 3000 of our military killed for a lie is a worse crime than being misquoted.

But I must have missed something, what was the lie?

Misquoted? Are you serious? I heard the audio. Words from Kerry's mouth to my ears. There was no misquote.

this picture is HILARIOUS!

Sweet photo!

What a complete moron. Even if you were such a self-righteous a**hole as to believe that way, only a complete and total idiot could expect to make statements like that AND have a political career.

http://home.bellsouth.net/s/editorial.dll?fromspage=cg/news/ne.htm&categoryid=&only=y&bfromind=1069&eeid=5065322&_sitecat=1504&dcatid=0&eetype=article&render=y&ac=0&ck=

He's back pedaling now afraid he'll hurt his party in the upcoming election.

Keth,

I know plenty of guys fresh back from Iraq and they all say the same thing.They went there knowing the risks and were more than willing to accept them.NO matter what,how or why the mission changed.

I still haven't seen GW bash our troops or their level of education.Also,there was no misinterpetation I hear the interview and what was said was exact and clear.Kerry is an idiot and if you think what he said was fine then............

Yeah, Kerry's comment was almost as stupid as these....

Well, if that's the bet you've got, I'm ok with it. The shades thing was a little embarrasing. But, he unintentionally insulted ONE person. Kerry intentionally insulted a few hundred thousand. A few hundred thousand who put their a** on the line for us each and every day.

So, to each and every one of the ignorant uneducated hicks who got stuck in Iraq: You are the reason my children sleep innocently and unaware that there are men in this world who seek to destroy them. I can never repay you for your sacrifice nor can I pretend to have the courage you do. You have my undying admiration and respect.

Let me clarify my position. I mistakenly voted for GW Bush. My best friend's son died in Iraq. He was like a son to me. Until you see someone hand a mother the flag from the coffin of their dead son you will never know the pain we have felt. George Bush has decimated this countries reputation by invading a soveriegn nation that had no connection to 9/11, had destroyed one of the greatest freedoms we enjoyed by eliminating habeus corpsus, has reduced your freedom with the Patriot Act and continues to think he understands tribal cultures and how they would react to an invasion of their home soil. Our policy in the Middle East has been flawed for 50 years, Democrats and Republicans alike, and it is time to find leaders who realize why they hate us so much and turn the tide.

Those of you who have never traveled to a Muslim country go on with your misguided hatred. Killing 300,000 Iraqis, many of who were women and children is never going to be the answer. Open your mind and realize that we voted for the worst president to have ever been elected to office. The United States should hang it's head in shame for allowing this to happen.

It doesen't matter who you are or what part of government you represent democrat or republican, you do not insult the military. I really think that John Kerry pretty much put his Foot in his A$$!!! I don't care if he was trying to slam the Bush administration. He should of used another analogy instead of putting down the men and women who serve this country. He was the lesser of the 2 evils when he was running for president. I don't think that he has a chance to even try running again.

Israel

It doesen't matter who you are or what part of government you represent democrat or republican, you do not insult the military. I really think that John Kerry pretty much put his Foot in his A$$!!!:lgangry: I don't care if he was trying to slam the Bush administration. He should of used another analogy instead of putting down the men and women who serve this country. He was the lesser of the 2 evils when he was running for president. I don't think that he has a chance to even try running again.:angryfire

Israel

Let me clarify my position. I mistakenly voted for GW Bush. My best friend's son died in Iraq. He was like a son to me. Until you see someone hand a mother the flag from the coffin of their dead son you will never know the pain we have felt. George Bush has decimated this countries reputation by invading a soveriegn nation that had no connection to 9/11, had destroyed one of the greatest freedoms we enjoyed by eliminating habeus corpsus, has reduced your freedom with the Patriot Act and continues to think he understands tribal cultures and how they would react to an invasion of their home soil. Our policy in the Middle East has been flawed for 50 years, Democrats and Republicans alike, and it is time to find leaders who realize why they hate us so much and turn the tide.

Those of you who have never traveled to a Muslim country go on with your misguided hatred. Killing 300,000 Iraqis, many of who were women and children is never going to be the answer. Open your mind and realize that we voted for the worst president to have ever been elected to office. The United States should hang it's head in shame for allowing this to happen.

Let me clarify my position.I voted for Bush the lesser of 2 evils.He's not perfect nor am I or you for that matter.

I stood at the funeral of a friend with is wife,6 yr old son and his parents as they had to accept the flag off of his coffin.It is heart wrenching to say the least.I feel your pain,but it doesn't make me hate president Bush.The fact is my friend loved being a soldier and died doing what he loved.I'm sorry for your friends loss.There is nothing in this world worse than burying your own child.12yrs have past since I buried my daughter and it still hurts every day.

Suddam had been aiding terrorists for years,but our wonderful media only reports what they want you to hear.

300,000 people were not all killed by our forces.Thousands have been killed by their own people in suicide bombings and by IEDs.IED that were set to kill our troops.Oh and if you haven't personally seen an LAV that ran over an IED,I can assure you survival is a miracle.There is a Marine Corp Logistics Base 20 west of my house,I see LAVs being trucked in for repairs daily.Thank God we have a superior war machine or the loss of US soldiers would be 10 fold what it is now.The vast majority of our war machine is well armoured,so the IEDs get bigger and bigger to inflict maximum damage.This damage often crosses over into civilians.It's known as collateral damage.It's one of the nasty things about war.

You,I and everyone else in this country wanted Bush to go get the bad guys after 9/11 and now that he's done it you bastardise him.

I don't hate Muslims,but if they cross the threshold of my house with the intent to harm me or my family it's time for them to pay a personal visit Allah.

I guess we made a bad choice in dropping the bomb on Japan as well.NOT.

They brought the fight to us we just finished it.

One more thing and it's a fact war stimulates the economy.We will see how many are whining and crying as the ride the money train when we pull out of Iraq in a couple of years.

Now I'm through.I feel if I continue to post on this topic I may offend someone if I already haven't.

Let me clarify my position(s):

You will never know the pain we have felt: I hope that I never do. But because good men suffer as the result of a decision does not make the decision a bad one.

Invading a soveriegn nation that had no connection to 9/11: This utter BS believed only by those who work diligently to delude themselves.

eliminating habeus corpsus: I don't know about eliminated, but certainly has punched a few holes in the idea....

Our policy in the Middle East has been flawed for 50 years: It ain't been no picnic, What exactly would you suggest?

It is time to find leaders who realize why they hate us so much and turn the tide: I.E. Vote for appeasers like that moron John Kerry.

We voted for the worst president to have ever been elected to office: And the replacement should be; John Kerry? Hillary Clinton? Give me a break...

Killing 300,000 Iraqis, many of who were women and children is never going to be the answer:

A) Welcome to reality. War is hell. Innocent people die in war. Sad, but true. In WWII the civilian death toll was about 34 MILLION. I guess we should have left Hitler alone as well.

B) Were they tortured to death? As in: "about 300,000 people are thought to have been killed during Saddam Hussein's regime [...] women and children executed for no apparent reason [...] bodies bulldozed into the graves"

Let me clarify my position.I voted for Bush the lesser of 2 evils.He's not perfect nor am I or you for that matter.

I stood at the funeral of a friend with is wife,6 yr old son and his parents as they had to accept the flag off of his coffin.It is heart wrenching to say the least.I feel your pain,but it doesn't make me hate president Bush.The fact is my friend loved being a soldier and died doing what he loved.I'm sorry for your friends loss.There is nothing in this world worse than burying your own child.12yrs have past since I buried my daughter and it still hurts every day.

Suddam had been aiding terrorists for years,but our wonderful media only reports what they want you to hear.

300,000 people were not all killed by our forces.Thousands have been killed by their own people in suicide bombings and by IEDs.IED that were set to kill our troops.Oh and if you haven't personally seen an LAV that ran over an IED,I can assure you survival is a miracle.There is a Marine Corp Logistics Base 20 west of my house,I see LAVs being trucked in for repairs daily.Thank God we have a superior war machine or the loss of US soldiers would be 10 fold what it is now.The vast majority of our war machine is well armoured,so the IEDs get bigger and bigger to inflict maximum damage.This damage often crosses over into civilians.It's known as collateral damage.It's one of the nasty things about war.

You,I and everyone else in this country wanted Bush to go get the bad guys after 9/11 and now that he's done it you bastardise him.

I don't hate Muslims,but if they cross the threshold of my house with the intent to harm me or my family it's time for them to pay a personal visit Allah.

I guess we made a bad choice in dropping the bomb on Japan as well.NOT.

They brought the fight to us we just finished it.

One more thing and it's a fact war stimulates the economy.We will see how many are whining and crying as the ride the money train when we pull out of Iraq in a couple of years.

Now I'm through.I feel if I continue to post on this topic I may offend someone if I already haven't.

Holy Crap me and Scott are in total agreement on something:)

First off I've been to muslem countries. I was out in Lebenon bringing in the new Marines after the muslim extremest blew up our men of honor in the barricks back in 83. The job I had back them was what you saw in the Movie "Saving Private Ryan" I was a boatswain Mate and a Mic 6 boat coxain which was the boat driver. If this was World War II I would have been one of those guys driving those boats onto land at Normandy..Probably would have been killed if that was the case but for this country I would have done it with no questions asked. Just like the Marines today are doing honorably. What gets lost in the mix is that John Kerry and just about everyone else was in agreement with this war initially. Yes the weapons of mass destruction report turned out to be not that accurate but at the time no one really new that..But the bigger reason is hidden in all of this and no its not the oil..If that was the case then we would be in Chile right now stealing Chavez's mass oil supply. The hidden reason was that Saddam Hussein was harboring alquida terrorist. I'm happy we took out Saddam Hussein and for that I tip my hat to Pres. Bush and more importantly to our Military personal. I'm not happy with the Pres. for not capturing the biggest Fish in the tremendous Pond with that being Osama Bin Laden but at least we crippled his terrorist team. We need to forever go after this terrorist group and if we have to we should chase them around the world and right off the planet as in killing them all..Untill then they will always target us and other Free society's. Its just the way it is...

I missed what Kerry even said...I guess I should go home and watch the news more often :)

As an ex-Navy guy my heart and admiration goes out to all that are serving and have served. I am sure that all of us have our own established perspectives and ideas about why our troops are still in Iraq. In this day and age it is unfortunate that politics often take center stage when sound and concrete decisions need to be made as it relates to our men and women in uniform. This is applies to both parties as all of them certainly do have their hands in the cookie jar!

When I served I never questioned the orders from our Commander In Chief as I felt it was my duty and responsibility to carry out whatever was passed down to me. I am 100% sure that our men and women overseas diligently embrace each directive and order passed down through the chain of command. And they do this to protect folks like me and you ~day in and day out! What an awesome military we have.

I am sure this thing with Kerry will probably play out for a few more weeks until some other politician or our President put's their foot in their mouth. Hey, thats what politics are all about - grown people elected to office saying "nananannaaa" to each other :)

Iraq is not a safe place nor is it secure. Keep our troops in your prayers as I am sure all of you do!!

anyone watch 'THe Unit?' Last one had one of the wifes confronting some peacenicks with the facts about soldiers. why they volunteer even when they know the risks and where they will serve. It was really right on time, being right after the Head Democrat Morons comments.

They ending was a riot. if you saw it youll know what I mean.

This is what youll get more of if you vote Dem, along with Nancy Pelosi.

you really want those people in charge?

He was not mis-quoted. He said what they say he said.

My son is going to Iraq for the first time next Summer. He will be on convoys. I'm already praying for his safety, and I ask that you pray for him, and all of the other men and women in the Armed Forces. They are a volunteer Army, yet they serve.

It's interesting to note what isn't being said on this thread. If we hadn't eliminated Hussein, and you had posted critical comments as a citizen of Iraq...you would be hunted down, then imprisoned or killed. There are several hundred thousand corpses to testify to this fact. It's great that we have the freedom to speak our minds, but we are negligent to forget the price of that freedom.

During the fight for our freedom, thousands of men and women died fighting the British while waiting for help from other nations. Sound familiar? Where would we be today if they had pulled out early...or set deadlines for pulling out? Wouldn't the British have just waited until they pulled out, then rolled over us?

When we pushed Iraq out of Kuwait, we promised the Iraqis we would take Hussein out...and we didn't. Those Iraqis began preparations for our arrival. When we left without putting Hussein down, we left those men, women, and families to face Hussein. They died.

I've never visited the Mid-East. However, I have traveled internationally. I never expected this to be a "quick in and out". We're dealing with cultures, radicals religions, and extremists. The problems we face in Iraq are insidious. Our "instant gratification" culture doesn't have the stomach for protracted engagement. If you thought we were going to pop into Iraq, fix everything up, then pop out...you didn't understand the scope of the engagement.

So here's my question to those who oppose the war...whether Democrat or Republican. What is your better plan? This election has sickened me...the Democrats that supported the war, now criticize. The mudslinging is disgusting. I'm very aware of what the current situation is...what is your better idea? Pull out? Abandon the Iraqis to Muslim extremists and watch the butchery. Send in the UN? Set a deadline? Let the extremists wait for us to pull out, then watch them destroy the country?

I don't need to hear how terrible things are...tell me the "get well" plan. If the current plan is wrong, what do you propose? That is what I would love to hear. The Dems are bashing the Reps, but they haven't offered a plan, they haven't explained how much they will increase taxes...they just throw stones. What's the plan?

kevinw

Keth, just a note: Last time I checked with my son who is in Iraq, its the Iraq pepole that are doing most of the killing. You remember the news, car bombs, people strapping explosives to themselves and blowing people up. I have had the honor of giving some of the flags to mothers and fathers of lost soldiers so some of us do know how it feels.

The Dems are bashing the Reps, but they haven't offered a plan, they haven't explained how much they will increase taxes...they just throw stones. What's the plan?

kevinw

Off topic, but last I heard, the tax plan was to increase the marginal rate on those making over $200,000 annually back to 37.5% from the current 35%, as it was before the last round of tax cuts. Married couples could earn $400,000. Simple plan if that's all there is to it, a 2 1/2% increase to the wealthiest Americans is how the Dems see it.

I have no defense of Kerry. His "apology" was laughable. I'm constantly amazed at alot of things that come out of the mouths of people in Washington on both sides of the aisle.

Off topic, but last I heard, the tax plan was to increase the marginal rate on those making over $200,000 annually back to 37.5% from the current 35%, as it was before the last round of tax cuts. Married couples could earn $400,000. Simple plan if that's all there is to it, a 2 1/2% increase to the wealthiest Americans is how the Dems see it.

How can any person logically defend applying a higher tax base in this manner. In my mind, it's like they are saying "shame on you for earning so much....here, let me take some of that off your hands."

Want to get me pissed in a hurry, just mention something like this. Nobody has claim to anyone else's property. There are basic necessities a country needs and citizens who enjoy it's freedoms should contribute. But I don't receive any more military protection than homeless Joe across town. I get the same representation in congress, my vote counts the same as anyone elses, so why should I have to pay more? Oh, because I can? Bullcrap. My money and wealth is one thing: a symbol of my efforts and acheivements. Both of those required my time and skill. Both of those required a portion of my life. Now, I don't know about, but I'm not about to give government...a collection of other people...any more of my life than I have to or want to.

And, I'm not in the "wealthy" bracket. I had this mentality when I was scrubbing chicken guts off the floor at Kroger when I was a teenager. I had this mentality when I was digging ditches for the folks down the street as a kid. You don't have to be wealthy to think that progressive taxation is wrong, you just have to have a working, thinking brain. And apparently the delusional socialist democrats don't possess this quality. And if repubs think this kind of taxation is good, same for them.