Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Worker dies in PW related accident

WOW!

I have a link on my website to another accident http://www.saferoofcleaning.com

The link is there in Yellow, and it is named "Tampa Roof Cleaning Explosion Link"

It is really a link to a St Petersburg Times Newspaper article.

The story made the Tampa TV evening and noon news as well as being in the local Tampa papers.

Confined Spaces require special procedures and training to work in safely. It sounds like they were in a tank without proper ventilation or safety plan for extraction.

I had this training a few years back and during they would have instance after instance of where there are multiple fatalities from the person(s) on the outside trying to help the one inside and would die as well.

Its a shame that they didnt have the right training or equipment. I use to do a lot of confined space sandblasting & spray painting from tanks that I could just fit in at Nuke plants and we'd have vaccum blasters or huge fuel or water tanks. We allways had forced fresh air. airhorns , exhuast vents, personal airpacks.

I too at different traing classes would hear about many tragic deaths or permanent injuries. You get in a tank thats 150 feet tall you might think theres planty of air, but it doesnt take long for it to become deadly when doing many kinds of work in it.

I use to like the real difficult and dangerous work, it was a challenge and always made great money. Just to old now, I'll let someone else do it