Sign in to follow this  
POWERMEN INC

Below, I got a suggestion to use a surfactant with my chlorine- got a brand name?

Question

12 answers to this question

i have felt barlox before and it is a very sticky product. i'm told that the recommended mix is 4oz per gallon of shc (undiluted). this stuff feels like syrup and works well so i am told. hey rodney, where do you buy your barlox? the only place i know of is xteriorsales.com nearby you in garner.

rando

4 oz per gallon is way too much, especially if you use an X-Jet. You could use that much if you downstream but the stuff is pretty expensive. I tried it, its a cool product but was too pricy to use consistently. Other products work as well or better.

4 oz per gallon is way too much, especially if you use an X-Jet. You could use that much if you downstream but the stuff is pretty expensive. I tried it, its a cool product but was too pricy to use consistently. Other products work as well or better.

if i'm not mistaken the good people at xteriorsales recommend 4oz per gallon of shc. what do you recommend? apparently you have used this stuff before and know a little bit about it.

rando

Dawn/Ajax appear like good workers form the start until you experience the real thing in housewashes. I sent them back to Mexico after doing side by side comparisons. Homeowner products = mediocre results.

Please explain. All your looking for is a bit longer dwell.

ISYHTRAH

Rando,

It suds incredibly and a little goes a long way. You could add 1-2 oz per gallon and still get clinging foam (when using an X-Jet)

Wayne,

I did side by side comparisons of a quality housewash mix (TSP, sodium metasilicate, surfactants and rinsing agents) with just dawn mixed with equal parts bleach. The results were dramatically different enough for me to visually notice the final product. The main thing is you can use 35% less sodium hypochlorite. The finished product showed better removal of carbon and overall cleaner looking siding. This is on vinyly. On stucco the results aren't even in the same league. Don't take my word for it, try your own tests at your house.