Sign in to follow this  
Anthony G

Sodium Hypochlorite Prices

I know that there have been questions about the pricing of sodium hypochlorite. I have talked to RCBill personally about it.

The prices that I am getting from Univar today are ----these are my pickup prices plus $40 drum dep for 53g.

15 gal---1.71 gal

53 gal---1.38 gal

I asked about TSP-----50 lb bag was 69.50 since I dont buy much of it.

Anthony

If I buy in 55 gal. it is $2.73 a gal. plus $50.00 deposit on drum, If I buy in 5 gal. it is close to $5.00 per gal. with tax, and she told me she had a price increase and will be going up! And I have to call in advance and pick it up myself. But, it is the only place I can find it.

I can stop by on the way home from work when I work nights. I did get charged the $40 drum deposit and will be credited on my account for the one that I returned.....so next time I wont have to pay the deposit.

If I could use it fast enough I can get it delivered in a 250 gal tote.....but by DOT regs I cannot carry over a 1000# of product.

i'm paying 125 delivered to a business address close by my house. the company will not delived to a residental address. i have to go and pick it up but so far that's not a problem, just a little inconvenience. i taked to univar but they wanted 300 minimum purchase. i have found a couple of places nearby that will sell 15 gals at the time for 45. i'm in the tarheel state of north carolina so if i can help anyone please let me know.

rando

wow $2.73 a gal? it may be cuz im in florida the pool capital of the world but that seems crazy. i was born and raised here so i have to ask are there no pool supplie stores around?

Only one pool supply store here in town, he can only get it in 1 gal. jugs, and wants $4.25 a gallon if I buy 50 gal. The prices above are from a local chemical store. Tell me they're not making a killing on this stuff!

Used to pay 0.95/gal but it jumped to $1.10/gal when gas prices skyrocket last year.

Gas prices have dropped back down by almost a buck per gallon.....chlorine still @ $1.10

Rando,

I just picked up the order on monday....they loaded one drum in the truck bed. They had told me about the $300 minimum order the other year but they did say a thing about the last two times. I dont know if me picking it up has anything to do with that.

I cleaned a white vinyl siding house yesterday with some of the fresh batch and man what a difference it made it the cleaning time.

Anthony

Hey Rob.

Georgia Chemical

85 N from perimeter

exit Beaver Ruin turn right.

Go through next 3 lights Big blue sign on the right hand side.

just back in fill up and pay.

Those guys are painless to deal with and have only raised their price .15 in the past 2 years.

pretty great selection of toys.

Hey Rob.

Georgia Chemical

85 N from perimeter

exit Beaver Ruin turn right.

Go through next 3 lights Big blue sign on the right hand side.

just back in fill up and pay.

Those guys are painless to deal with and have only raised their price .15 in the past 2 years.

pretty great selection of toys.

Adrian

Thanks very much for the info. I look fwd to meeting you at the GA Round Table. Hows your new truck?

Rob

I get mine at ASAP or SunBrite, I think the price is about the same and cost is so small in the overall price of a job. I do like the program at SunBrite with, after the deposit on the container, you just swap them out.

Jeff Robison

Titan Exterior/Clean Up Atlanta

678-360-2518

Yea, I love Sunbrite and their staff, but it is a 95 mile round trip for me and I make the trip for stains and strippers, but go through so much SH Ga. Chem. is about half in mileage. Time was everything this Summer for me. Both places are great it just depends on what I need. Hey Jeff call me about the ford, I really need to unload it soon.

$144 with taxes and no delivery fee for a 55er here. Another supplier contacted me and said he can deliver for $100 waiting to meet him. I wonder what it is at cost.

If I buy in 55 gal. it is $2.73 a gal. plus $50.00 deposit on drum, If I buy in 5 gal. it is close to $5.00 per gal. with tax, and she told me she had a price increase and will be going up! And I have to call in advance and pick it up myself. But, it is the only place I can find it.

Wayne,

I'm in Murfreesboro, TN. I get my chems including TSP and 12.5% from Univar. I pay $1.30 for chlorine in a 53gal drum ($40 refundable deposit). I pick it up here in Murfreesboro.

I believe they have a place in Nashville but I'm not sure if it's warehouses or offices. I think they also deliver. Their number is 1-800-233-0633.

Also, Harcros Chemicals (615-256-8636) in Nashville carries 12.5%. The last time I checked it was $99 for a 55gal drum. Not sure about deposit or if they deliver.

I like Univar. Dean in Murfreesboro is very nice and I got a great deal on a couple of 300gal totes from one of their emplyees. Plus any chemical I've ever asked about, they could get and get cheaper than anyone else. TSP and Oxalic acid are both $30 per 50lb bag through them.

Feel free to call me anytime...

Hope that helps...