Sign in to follow this  
Anthony G

Sodium Hypochlorite Prices

Down here it is $2.59 per gallon plus the $50.00 Drum Deposit but you only get back $40.00 on credit because they keep $10.00 for a fee to wash the drum.

I called a place in Houston and they have it for $1.79 per gallon and only sell it in 55 gallon drums, It is too bad that they will not deliver to where I live or I would buy some.

Here's a shocker; $4.10 gal NR drum or $3.25 with a returnable drum + deposit. OUCH!! This is the same company I get Ox for $80 a bag and citric for $70 a bag. Best of all Hydroxide beads $45.50 and Metasilicate for $35. I asked my sales guy why 12.5% was so high because last year it was $1.85 a gallon, he tells me demand is higher and petroleum prices are driving it up. I can buy 10% pool shock for $2.50 a gallon, and may go that route. Company is Hawkins Chemical in Minneapolis. They make the 12.5% on site so its SUPER fresh.

Down here it is $2.59 per gallon plus the $50.00 Drum Deposit but you only get back $40.00 on credit because they keep $10.00 for a fee to wash the drum.

I called a place in Houston and they have it for $1.79 per gallon and only sell it in 55 gallon drums, It is too bad that they will not deliver to where I live or I would buy some.

Hey Chris, would you mind sharing where in Houston did you get that price?

thanks in advance :)

I am an engineer for a crane company and we recently installed a new crane in the buffalo water authority. The crane lifts a 8ft long x 3ft diameter cylinder of chlorine gas at 99.9% chlorine. I wonder how they condense it? I wonder if we could get it from that same place and store it in smaller pressurized bottles like an oxygen acetlyne size tank? (A) sounds dangerous, but if its cheaper.....I like cheaper

12.5% SH weighs pretty close to 10 lbs per gallon. I know that a 50 gallon drum (55 gal size holding 50 gals) weighs 508 lbs per a supplier near me in Dayton. (I know this figure because we were talking about hazmat requirements for having markings on the vehicle or not).

Over here I get it for between 55c & 65c a litre from pool supplies or hardware - just bring in my drums and fill up as many as I need from their bulk tank (always fresh as refilled weekly).

To compare prices- it is about 4 litres per gallon ($2.20 - $2.60 per gallon for chlorine) while diesel is about $1.70 per litre ($6.80 per gallon) and rising.

Ok, you can now BUY SH at Wal Mart.

It is guaranteed 10 percent, here is the PROOF.

I almost got beat upp by Wal Mart Security for taking pictures :dance:

Behold my cleaning brothers, any wal mart has what ya need!

Best I can come up with in the Portland, Oregon area is $6.50/gal in a case of 4 or $4.33/g in a 15 gal drum + $20 deposit. Anybody getting a better deal?

Just called around and the cheapest I found was 5gal/$22 = $4.40 then after container is brought back you get a $6 credit making the next rds $3.20 here in baltimore... Other places I galled were $6-8 per gallon no 5gal buckets available..

$1.6 per gal. If the pool supply house was any closer I'd walk.

But I pay $40 for a 24 of Bud and $52 for a 60 oz of wiskey.And some days i think I go through more of the latter.

geeeezzzz how do you afford to say in business. I pay .99/ gal.. I don't go on mondays because there is a line of pool cleaning/ a pressure washers. Its like a gas stations with 10 fill stations. you pull up put the nozzle in your tank open the valve and let her flow. they are all metered so there is no guess work. They have 4, 5k gallon tanks and this stuff is HOT . always fresh

geeeezzzz how do you afford to say in business. I pay .99/ gal.. I don't go on mondays because there is a line of pool cleaning/ a pressure washers. Its like a gas stations with 10 fill stations. you pull up put the nozzle in your tank open the valve and let her flow. they are all metered so there is no guess work. They have 4, 5k gallon tanks and this stuff is HOT . always fresh

I pay between 3 and 4 $ a gallon and i charge accordinly.

We get 400-700 Gal. a week from March-Sept. and then it goes down some but I would say 12,000-15,000 gal. a year? Here is the corner of my shop, We have 3 275 gal. tanks for chlorine that we pump into the trucks and the 1,600 gal. tanks for water that we fill the water tanks with every morning.

post-2545-137772441769_thumb.jpg

We get 400-700 Gal. a week from March-Sept. and then it goes down some but I would say 12,000-15,000 gal. a year? Here is the corner of my shop, We have 3 275 gal. tanks for chlorine that we pump into the trucks and the 1,600 gal. tanks for water that we fill the water tanks with every morning.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19402[/ATTACH]

Dang I thought i had it going on buying ten cases at a whack lol.

What I buy is actually 15% SH and it comes out to 3.09 per gallon with taxes and delivery fee. Wish I could find something cheaper but I just don't think its possible on LI.

Hi, Please can you tell me where are you getting?

Thank you

Henry