Sign in to follow this  
A and J POWERWASHING

flame shot out of exhaust

Question

7 answers to this question

had flame shooting out of exhaust on the hot water side what my been the problem also a lot of black smoke because it is diesel . help

Shooting out of burner???? What kind of machine

I had that happen a couple of years back. I believe my fix was to change the nozzle and had to realign / reset the electrodes. It wasn't burning all its fuel and when it did fire it would just shoot out the stack. The electrodes were misaligned because that fall I had been cleaning a lot of logging equipment out in the woods and some of these equipment were really in remote areas and I mean remote like 75 miles in the woods so the roads were really bad. A whole lot of shakin' going on in the back of a 5 ton truck...lol

Hope this helps you out.

Dan

Also may be a belt going bad (starting to slip). I recently had that happen to a machine and it had a flame burning out of the exhaust for about 3 hours after it was shut off.

Also may be a belt going bad (starting to slip). I recently had that happen to a machine and it had a flame burning out of the exhaust for about 3 hours after it was shut off.

Sounds like you will be putting in some new insulation in the near future.