Sign in to follow this  
Curb Appeal

want to try downstreaming, but first...

I've only used an X-jet M5 til now. Filling and lugging 5gal totes is getting old. I'd like to try downstreaming and I bought one a few months ago.

20% adjustable

The problem is, I bought it before I upgraded my 4gpm pump to my new 5.6gpm pump. So the one I have is the 2.1mm 3-5gpm model.

What effect will the small orifice size have on my higher flow pump?

Can I use it and compensate with stronger/weaker chems or do I need to just get the bigger one?

Thanks all...

OK searched again and happened upon this thread

http://forums.thegrimescene.com/showthread.php?t=6618&highlight=downstreaming+math

So that answers my ? about the smaller orifice size.

I'd like to know the math a bit better though.

Mine is a 20% injector. That's 4:1 right?

So my 50/50 mix of 12.5% and water (6% chlorine solution) at 4:1 makes it 1.2% chlorine TTW?

Do I have that right?

What part of the math would the smaller orifice have an effect on? The 20% draw rate?

I'm not going to get into the ratios, because unless you test your draw rate, its only a guestimate. I would reccomend if you are downstreaming from a 5gallon bucket, Mix 4 gallons 12% sodium hypochorite, and one gallon of your normal house wash(citracleen etc.). This 5 gallons of house wash will be enough for most 2 story houses.

What is the mix for the simple cherry and how are you mixing it? Does it have to be added to the bleach just before using it? I mixed some the other morning in a 2.5 gallon jug. I used 1.25 gallon SHC and mixed half gallon of hot water with 8 oz simple cherry then topped off with water. I used it about 4 hrs later and it reaked as usual of the chlorine smell.

Am I doing something wrong or is it not working as I expected? Bob?

Anthony

I think the recipe for a 5er on Bob's site is 3.5 gallons of SH and 1.5 gallons of water with an 8 ounce scoop of Simple Cherry. Couldn't be easier! I don't care about the smell of bleach cause I love it.

I think the recipe for a 5er on Bob's site is 3.5 gallons of SH and 1.5 gallons of water with an 8 ounce scoop of Simple Cherry. Couldn't be easier! I don't care about the smell of bleach cause I love it.

Not to be nit-picky but Bob's site recommends 2 8oz scoops per 5gal for downstreaming. Didn't want to confuse anybody. Do use 1 scoop or was it a typo?

I mixed my first batch of Simple Cherry too strong. For using an X-jet, I mixed 2.5gal water - 2.5gal 12.5% - 10oz (by weight) SC. It left a noticeable film on all of the windows. I had to re-rinse all of them. I was supposed to mix 10oz by volume, not weight.

Live & learn...

Not to be nit-picky but Bob's site recommends 2 8oz scoops per 5gal for downstreaming. Didn't want to confuse anybody. Do use 1 scoop or was it a typo?

I mixed my first batch of Simple Cherry too strong. For using an X-jet, I mixed 2.5gal water - 2.5gal 12.5% - 10oz (by weight) SC. It left a noticeable film on all of the windows. I had to re-rinse all of them. I was supposed to mix 10oz by volume, not weight.

Live & learn...

Sorry about the typo. You are correct. This is pasted direct from his site....

Downstreaming: 3.5 gallons of 12.5% chlorine, 1.5 gallons water & (2) 8oz scoops of Simple Cherry.

X-Jet or M-Jet: 2 Gallons 12.5% chlorine, 3 gallons water & 10oz of Simple Cherry.

I'm not going to get into the ratios, because unless you test your draw rate, its only a guestimate. I would reccomend if you are downstreaming from a 5gallon bucket, Mix 4 gallons 12% sodium hypochorite, and one gallon of your normal house wash(citracleen etc.). This 5 gallons of house wash will be enough for most 2 story houses.

Hey John, I am just starting to DS with CC, how much wax, rinse aid, and foamer are ya using in that mix if any?? THanks in advnace

Hey John, I am just starting to DS with CC, how much wax, rinse aid, and foamer are ya using in that mix if any?? THanks in advnace

I don't really measure, but I would say approximately 1/4 cup of foamer and approximately 1/4 cup of rinse aid and I normally don't add wax to my mix.

4oz foamer, 4oz wax, 8oz rinse aid.