Sign in to follow this  
Richard

Hooking 2 machines together

Finally got around to getting a second machine to try this out. I assume I have to follow the rated specs of the 2 machine total to figure the nozzle size rather than the real world flow?..... Anybody test their flow with just a open flow/no nozzle or gun and figure it that way? When I do it with a stop watch I get like 2.75 gpm per machine with General 4-5 gpm pumps. One, my 5gpm unit (4.7) was going through a coil and 200' of hose and the other 4gpm(?) just through the 200' while timing. They real close on flow but nothing like what they spec at...

Hello. Just stepping back in for the first time in a long time. First to answer the almost two year old question, I do not use my with a surface cleaner so I can't help you there.

As far as checking the flow and it being below the rated specs, that don't sound right to me, When I take my nozzels out my flow rate goes up quite a bit, and thus it should because there is no restriction there to hold it back to whatever it is rated at. My 7.5 gpm pumps push out about 10 gpm with no nozzel.

If your wondering what I use mine for, we use it to rinse down on big jobs sometimes and also we do drain cleaning with it, sure is the trick for doing that.

Welcome back!

Interesting to hear that yours does more than rated for with nozzles out. Thanx.. :)

I'll give ya more info pertaining to my case below..posted on other forum in order to hear more opinion and experiences of the flow others may actually be getting.

So what should these older General 4.7 at 3k pumps rebranded as Mi-T-M's be putting out really?? Thought all the pumps put out some significantly lower figure than what it rated and sold as. In the couple few year I been using my main machine I haven't noticed any huge differences of kick or rinsing ability even on packing and check valve changing so I don't know. Is what it is is how I been taking it. Forget at this point what past flow tests might have came in at so can't use that as reference. Guess I should check flow right at pump head with a short whip and work my way out looking for restrictions if it tests much higher at the head. Doubt it change much though as I have ran machine right off unloader block on occasion in order to bypass heater coil and it never seemed to have twice as much flow to be inline with actual specs. Check it out, I use 5.5 tips in the main unit and I get the 3kpsi and I've pushed big surfacers (Deublin unions) no problem so does that mean anything? Tried the 5.5 tips on the new to me unit which is running what looks to be same pump off a 11hp Honda and I get 2800psi when it reved up pretty good. Can only assume it a 4.0 gpm spec unit...no way to tell.

Maybe some ya can test yer pumps into a bucket wth stop watch and share up yer figures? blush.gif

Edited by MMI Enterprises

Still going strong.

I've had my MAXIMA 36" surface cleaner for about 18 months now and I have been running my

20Hp 8gpm + 13Hp 5gpm machines together to push 33Hp 13gpm @ 2800psi ever since.

IT IS THE DADDY!!

Nozzles are (2) 25075's

For those of you that have two machines and a surface cleaner and still have not tried hooking them together... DO IT!!

It's like having an extra employee without paying for more labor.

Edited by Mike Sullivan
updated link