Sign in to follow this  
Able Hands

WoodTux on my windshield

Question

8 answers to this question

Acetone or Laquer Thinner will take it right off with one swipe, and also anywere on your truck. You will need to wash and wax your truck after you do it though. Acetone and Thinner are a favorite of car detailers

Also, you can use on the windshields any glass cleaner and one of the 4" scraper blades used for cleaning large surfaces. It removes the sealer with no problem. Just keep the glass wet while scraping and check the corners of the blade to assure it does not develop any burrs which could scratch the glass. HD and Lowes has them in the paint section.

Use a strong degreaser like purple power or simple green on the rest of the vehicle to remove any remnants of overspray there. You will need to wax it again if you haven't done so in a while.

Rod!~

I have completely speckled my entire truck and used a little mineral spirits and very fine steel wool on the glass. Worked instanly. Rods idea sounds equally good.

Try using the Laquer Thinner or Acetone instead of the Mineral Spirits, they both will work better. You won't have to scrub with a steel wool or anything with either one of those. You can take a terry towel and wipe the stain right off. The bad thing about Acetone is it evaporates quickly, so just put it in a spray bottle and spray with one hand wipe with the other very quickly, or mix the Thinner and Acetone together. They will also take dried stain off of vinyl siding, but you have to be careful with that it eats away at the siding.