Sign in to follow this  
Mike Sullivan

Gutter Solutions

Hello everyone.

I got this e-mail the other day and was wondering if anyone has seen these or tried these new gutter polyurethane inserts.

I might try these out, any input guys?

Wayne (WEW) installs "gutter filter" which is the same stuff in appearance at least. I think he said it was working out good. Maybe he will see this and chime in or you can call him.

Scott

We've been installing GutterFilter and have gotten great responses on jobs we've bid. Pricing of this is a little better than what we're paying. Not to much info on the warranty but an easy sell regardless.

I did a google search and got a few others.

www.americangutterfilter.com

www.gutter-champ.com

www.gutterstuff.com

www.leafdefier.com

They all look exactly the same! Anyone know which company sells the cheapest ones?

Here is gutter solutions pricing below. What should I add for installation cost?

Gutter Solutions Contractors Price

This pricing is for 5 inch gutters only.

Ships in 30- 4 foot sections, 120 feet per box.

1 to 30 Boxes $2.65

31 to 65 $2.45

65 to truck load $2.10

That stuff is a growing platform for any thing that falls on top of it. Granules from the roof, seed pods and moisture etc provide the right environment for growth. Then, as stated above, when it freezes, you have a long block of ice to weigh the gutter down.

From my stand point, I wouldn't waist my money to put it on my house and sure would not want to stand behind it from a contractor point of view.

Just my $0.02

This is an outstanding product for gutters IF you are installing protection on them. This product has some of the drawbacks as other forms of protection except THIS product allows an incredible amount of water pass through without EVER being overloaded. Most other forms don't catch all the water and it passes over the gutter.

These are for people with leaves that continually fill up gutters. Leaves do blow off really well.

Ice dams I cannot speak of as we do not have them here. Did see a beaver dam once here though. So this opinion is strictly for people in the warmer climates.

Scott

The gutterfilter product doesn't retain water so if water can flow through the product and down the spout it won't freeze inside the gutter. Granules that make their way to the gutter will flow through the product. Its guaranteed not to clog, no fee transfer of the guarantee unlike others and does not require any care to it like others.

I'm submitting a proposal for an install of 12,000 lineal feet. Oh yeah it also reduces the re-emergence of the electrostatic (tiger stripes) bonding.

Scott, are you saying to use the filter with a second product over top? :confused:

Celeste

No. I think you misunderstood. I meant to imply that they are good if you are installing any form of gutter protection.

Scott

A few months back we had over 275 lf new K gard gutters installed, guaranteed not to clog with 144 lf of 5" down spouts for less than $2K. That averages a good bit less than this product without having to deal with add-on products etc.

I am not a big advocate of add-on type products. I am sure for certain locations or installations the prodcut will function for a particular time frame. But I also have issues with the "retail" pricing as posted for the product. The rate of $7 to 10 per foot for a product add-on is not realistic IMHO esp compared to an original product (ex. replacing the gutter).

As far as claims for reducing electrostatic bonding, I would be very interested in reading reports that support such on that claim! (All that glitters is not gold!)

No. I think you misunderstood. I meant to imply that they are good if you are installing any form of gutter protection.

Scott

Oh :) Blonde moment. Wait....I'm not blonde, just short on coffee today LOL

As far as claims for reducing electrostatic bonding, I would be very interested in reading reports that support such on that claim! (All that glitters is not gold!)

Don't know of any reports on it other than 1st hand observation. When I did the first building's installation I included a gutter wash....that was in June and they still look just as pretty...not so on a job we did a week later without installing gutterfilter. One nice thing about getting more work in the same neighborhoods, is being about to check things over on the next visit.

Don't know what we are pricing it at. Some of the roof lines are 3 stories off the ground. All are walkable roofs.

Lots of decks and blank concrete pads. Celeste that was a good seed you planted in my head.

We have been installing Leaf Defier for 2yrs now and have had no call backs. The reasons I chose to install Leaf Defier over the other polyurtethane inserts are... The 25yr non-prorated, no-clog warranty from the manufacture and the extra polymer coating. Before I installed any of them I tested them on my home. After only 6 months all the inserts turned a chalky white color and were brittle except Leaf Defier. If anyone is interested I can send pics and give contact information. We were so happy with LD that we became a distributor.