Sign in to follow this  
Mike Sullivan

Replacement For Honda 13hp-gx390

Anyone used or heard of these 16hp blue engines lasting as long as a Honda 13hp?

A lot cheaper usually means you get what you pay for. Although because all the parts are interchangeable with Hondas, its looks good.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=16+hp+engine&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Edited by Mike Sullivan

A lot cheaper usually means you get what you pay for.

You said it yourself.

Chinese engines are made of inferior materials and are sloppily machined. Warranty issues would be another nightmare. You'd be hard pressed to find ANY local representation whatsoever. I have Rockwell hardness testing results on file for Honda vs. Chinese as I was testing generators for a local importer. Cylinders and crankshaft journals were substantially softer materials.

Anyone used or heard of these engines lasting as long as a Honda 13hp?

A lot cheaper usually means you get what you pay for. Although because all the parts are interchangeable with Hondas, its looks good.

"Interchangeable" and exact "OEM replacement parts" are two different things.

They are not a Honda, they are a clone and you should remember that.I have friends that have them on "cloned quads". They run good. I wanted to race Karts a while back and those guys that build motors didn't have kind words about them in general.

For your kids go kart yes. For your livelyhood, NO!!

JMHO

Scott

My opinion

Scott

Anyone used or heard of these engines lasting as long as a Honda 13hp?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ELECTRIC-START-13-HP-13HP-OHV-GAS-ENGINE-SIDE-SHAFT_W0QQitemZ270061074887QQihZ017QQcategoryZ79670QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just because THEY say the parts are interchangeable with a Honda, doesn't mean that they really are.

I would rather have a REAL Honda motor even if I got a used one at a pawnshop for about the same price as this (by the time you also add shipping costs). I did get a Honda 13hp with electric start at a pawnshop for $275.00 awhile back.

Thanks guys. I'll stick with Hondas. Russ how do you know it's made in China?

It's the new wave of imports from China. They have been around for a couple of years now. There are many different names.

Scott

Here's another Honda clone, probably Chinese.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ELEC-START-16-HP-SIDE-SHAFT-GAS-ENGINE-TILLER-MOWER_W0QQitemZ270076640400QQihZ017QQcategoryZ79670QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What do you guys think.

Looks really good - 16hp for $300, can't beat that. If only it lasted as long as a Honda

When I did steel painting & rigging over 10 years ago we would work for different companies and if they had Chinese cable clamps or any other chinese rigging hardware, we would refuse to rig with them. I have seen them just split in 2 under any tension. You could hit them with a hammer and bend or just break real easy compared to the USA product. I would never risk my life with these inferior parts.

Now the motors like you said price cheap/motor cheap