Sign in to follow this  
DustinC

cement splatter

A previous customer called today who had his pool deck redone resulting in cement splatter on his brick home and a/c unit.I stopped by my local prosoco dealer to find a remedy and was informed that unlike mortar cement is very hard to remove from brick and will leave a stain. He recommended using muratic on the cement with scrubbing.For the a/c unit to use a wood block to chip it off then wiping with a rag and wd 40.going out to see it at 1 oclock any other suggestions.

Here are some pics.The work performed was putting in these sidewalks and then painting them with expoxy.I really had to bite my tongue trying to stay profesional and not bash this guys work.The cement is on other things not pictured.The customer said he wont answer his phone or return messages.Funny thing is he is a lawyer and said it would cost him more in litigation to have the "contractor"pay for it. If I decline the job I'd like to give Him an eduacated answer as to why.Check out the pics You really have to see it in person to appreciate it.

post-1611-137772171665_thumb.jpg

post-1611-137772171669_thumb.jpg

post-1611-137772171675_thumb.jpg

it is kinda of funny i think. for once an attorney is the one getting the shaft. take a block and rubb all of the splashes until they are smooth and use acid to clean up what is left. i would use straight acid and scrub with a brush. prewet the brick before doing this and rinse thoroughly. i will come up there and fix it for a small fee, $200 hour i think that is about going attorney rate. call me if you get a chance it can be fixed. on this one i would charge hourly though.

it looks horrible, i do these types of overlays and that is just being slack. 10 buck worth of plastic and you would not have had any problems other than their painting skills.

my guess is this one will be coming back up shortly. wait for a couple freeze thaw cycles this winter and it may be ready for more work.

I rubbed the thick parts flat with a block then prewet and brushed on muratic 1to1 followed by a garden hose rinse.I used a rag and wd40 on the laterns and painted parts to help get rid of the staining.

I used a piece of broken cinderblock.They sell similar products at masonry supply stores with handles on them.

for $15, you can buy a block for $3 and make a handful of them. i always have quite a bit of them on my trailer.

concrete on vinyl=turbo

concrete on aluminum, acid if it is coated(i.e. storefront glass) after clean wipe with wd40, gives nice shine.