Sign in to follow this  
PWkid

Just Curious Death penalty or not?

Question

19 answers to this question

Get rid of lethal injection and let the victims family beat the hell out of the criminal so they will die a slow slow slow painful death. Does this answer let you know how I feel about the death penalty?

I always thought firing squad was a pretty effective method. They use some machine and aim like 5 guns at your head, so its not like their gonna mess up. One state still offers it as an option. Should be the norm though

I did not look at the link because I'm sure it would really p@#% me off.But the U.S justice system is too forgiving.My imagination scares me when I think about what I might do to someone who harmed my family.hope I don't sound like a internet/telephone tuff guy.

I think that it took too long....he sat on death row for how long...22 years or something like that? That ******* should have fried the minute they found him guilty!!!!

I read about a couple somewhere in Ohio or Iowa that had their home invaded by two scumbags wearing masks and carrying guns. They started to beat the crap out of the man who shouted at his wife for help - she ran to the bedroom - grabbed a 9mm and shot the masked bozzo dead who had followed her into the room. She ran to the living room and shot the other dude critically. Seems to me that criminals caught in the act should be fair game for the death penalty. That's one good way to free up the courts and reduce prison crowding. The death penality in action. Sadly, she did also shoot her husband in the back, but he and the guy who was pistol whipping him will survive. She should have finished him off.

Your teen age son goes out one Summer night with his buddies...has a few beers, one too many. On the way home, he runs a stop sign an kills another kid. Your son is legally drunk. He's convicted for life. Harsh or fair? Teenage kid, makes one mistake that he'll punish himself forever for...plus life in prison.

Too harsh or fair?

Too harsh or fair?

I myself was talking about people that commit cold blooded first degree murder. Understand though, that the kid ( life sentence ) will likely get out in less than 20 yrs. BUT, the dead kid has to serve his sentence ( death ) for life. My kids know where I stand on drinking, and they know I don't approve of anyone drinking and driving.

You see I'm the victim on the other side, my mom was killed by a 19 yr old drunk driver when I was 5 yrs old. 3 weeks before Christmas and 4 weeks before my 6th birthday. I've had to live with that all of my life! "IS THAT FAIR."

The 19 yr old that killed my mom served less than 30 days in jail. They were not big on prosecuting drunk driving in the 60's.

Question: How many innocent people are in prison that are sentenced to death? Can you be so sure there aren't? Many people are convicted on circumstancial evidence because of no one witnessing the accused doing otherwise.

As for death and judgement, I'll have no part of it. People embrace it too easily as it is...that is until it is imposed upon them. Only then do they understand the truth of it.

Rod!~

Question: How many innocent people are in prison that are sentenced to death? Can you be so sure there aren't? Many people are convicted on circumstancial evidence because of no one witnessing the accused doing otherwise.

Rod!~

People may be convicted on circumstantial evidence, but not for death penalty. So few people get the death penalty that they are gonna make darn sure they know the guy is guilty.

Do you want to see violent crime drop drastically over night???

Go back to the old ways of public hangings and throw in an occassional beheading.It works in other parts of the world,it will work here.

Your teen age son goes out one Summer night with his buddies...has a few beers, one too many. On the way home, he runs a stop sign an kills another kid. Your son is legally drunk. He's convicted for life. Harsh or fair? Teenage kid, makes one mistake that he'll punish himself forever for...plus life in prison.

Too harsh or fair?

Teenage....means he was breaking the law by being underage

Drives intoxicated...means he was breaking the law by drinking & driving

Runs a stop sign...means he broke a simple traffic law

Kills another human being.....also against the law. Was it murder...doubtful.

Tragedies like this happen WAY to often in our society. Should he be convicted and pay by life in prison ...... hell yes. He chose to break 3 laws leading to the breakage of a 4th, not to mention a Commandment. I'd have to vote FAIR. At least he gets the option to punish himself.....the other kid is DEAD.

Celeste

If someone is unequivocably convicted of cold blooded murder, yes, enforce the death penalty. It is in place for a reason and if people have no respect for our laws or morality, no one should feel bad about flipping that little electric switch (myself, I'd just zap him lightly for a few hours before he got the full ride)

While everyone is worried about whether that is right or wrong, and on another topic *****ing because taxes are raised or employment is down or illegals are stealing our work.....look at the cost of imprisonment of some fool on death row. Sentence them and get on with it....don't make me pay for his upkeep & legal fees.

Celeste

Do I feel sorry for a slow death like this, HELL NO.

These guys and gals have no problem harming others then get attorneys that claim they did not do it or they had no idea of what they were doing etc.

I always believed an eye for an eye, arm for arm, life for life.

Stop letting murderers, molesters and other low life life the life of a KING in prison, if on death row get it down ASAP, these low life life on average 20 years appealing their sentences and another 10 once the US Highest Court hears their case.

Is it right the families should suffer all this time, NO.

Should be be supporting them all this time, NO.

I don't care what the bible says since they didn't care when they murdered others.

Just let them suffer long enough to know how it must have felt to the one (s) they took away.

Prison should not be a Kings life, it should be CHAIN GANG, move a mountain, move it back, day in day out, one warm meal a day, two cold meals.

Anyone that does not agree has that right but I would love to hear from you when someone in your family dies at the hands of those low life scum. (No one in my family has that I am aware of, nor has any female been raped that I am aware of)

Celeste not all teenagers are sent to prison for life, each state has different laws on that subject and different age limits. Most, not all under 18 are minors, some at 17 can be considered adults.

Fair, no but life is not fair to us all equally anyway.

Beth, Yes many are in prison that should not be, not only on death row but for petty crimes, most are either Black or Mexican, any idea why? how they are brought up, gang families teach other family members to be bad, a life cycle that has got to change.

DNA has helped clear some in the last few years but there are thousands more sill behind bars simply because someone claimed it was THEM.

Dark night, a 5'10 male wearing a hooded jacket robs the local neighborhood market, gas station or liquor store, eye witness is so damn sure THATS HIM, he's black, he has a hood on, it is HIM.

Bingo guy goes to prison, heck it could be the straight A student just going to get some milk for breakfast the next morning.

Now how can this eye witness be so sure if he is wearing a hood, he neither saw the face or color of the person, he just did what the police wanted him to do, point to the guy in the car and say YES IT'S HIM.

Happens everyday, fair? not at all. So how to change the system yet protect the innocence ones?

As for death and judgement, I'll have no part of it. People embrace it too easily as it is...that is until it is imposed upon them. Only then do they understand the truth of it.

Rod!~

Question, how many innocent people are murdered every day by those pieces of crap? I'm sure that there are waaaaaay more innocent people murdered on the outside of those prisons than there are on the inside.

Bleeding heart libs always bleed for the wrong side!

It's funny how thay always stick up for the terrorists, rapists & murdurers until it happens to them or someone close to them.

Rod, God bless you for being a smart business man and a good person. I think you really mean well, it's just that there's a time to get rid of certain trash in this world. People that don't like the smell of it shouldn't be so hard on the people that are "waste mgmnt."

No offense, just my humble fact.

I believe in an eye for an eye. Althou, Id hate to be the Innocent man on death row. No Innocent man should be put to death. I say keep the death penalty, these horrible scumbags should die. I just hope that somehow none of us ever get accused and convicted of something that could put us to death

I dont trust the legal system, it is all about winning. I've seen lawyers lie. I've seen prosecutors lie. Many/most dont care about the truth

Let me tell you a couple VERY TRUE stories

When I was 18 I lived in Santa Barbara CA. Me and a couple freinds moved there for the California Dream, we had great times life was good, fun and the state and area was beautiful. we'd work all week and party all weekend, go to the mountains, the beach or just hang out

One night we were at a birthday party for this college girl from CT, she was a close freind. We bounced from her party to other college party in the area of Goleta where the college is. Most of the time we were at her party. At all times I was with friends and people I knew, I was never alone. At this party were many adults, her parents were there and he was a Sheriff in CT

We finally left this party me and 2 buddies on bicycles. We got pulled over by the police. They started asking us questions, many questions and the police pulled me away from the other 2. I asked them what the heck was going on and one of them said i fit a description. I said for what. He said a girl was RAPED...... I said what!!!! you dont think I did it do you. He said dont worry she is coming here and we'll settle it. I was absolutly freaking. they cuffed me

A police car pulls up and a girl gets out with one eye completly closed from a black eye. she with the police came up to me , I said "please tell them I didnt do it" From the time she got out of the car , to looking at me to getting back in the car was about a total of 15 seconds , she actually looked at me for about 2-3 seconds, she walked about about 5 ft from me and turned around

She got in the car and the police started readin me my rights and said I was under arrest for the rape of ---- ------ ------- I still remember her name to this day. I flipped out pulling away, pushing and fighting to the police car. I couldnt believe what was happening

They took me to county and did several samples from me, it was horrible. The 1st night I was in a large cell with a lot of other guys and I got into a fight with a mexican who gave me crap. The took me out of the cell and took me to solitary cell, put me in a orange jump suit with sneakers that didnt fit. That night and the next day my freinds and the sheriff went to the police and tried to tell them I was with them at all times, noone cared.

That next day they took me to court with dozens of others on a bus. I was chained next to a murder suspect, who killed 2 people for their diamonds in the Lincoln. We get to court and every news station in the area was there because of the murder. I was arraigned. This cant be happening to me, they will figure it out and let me free today or tomorrow , didnt happen. I spent 8 days in solitary

Well I skip to the good cop /bad cop part. It was the 1st or 2nd day a man & women cop came in. The good cop was the man and the women played bad cop, She called me every name in the book, rapist, pervert etc etc. He would say jeff just tell me what happened and it can all be taken care of. It went on for almost 3 hours. The whole time I said give me lie detector test, take blood what ever , just get me out of here because I didnt do it.

They gave me lie detector, they put the thing across my chest, they put 2 fingers in another thing and then they put the blood pressure type cuff thing around my are. It went on for a while with the question and when it was done the cops and lie detctor guy explained how I FLUNKED the lie detector. I freaked again and just cried. I was innocent and they are telling me Im not.

( I remember that the blood pressure cuff thing was so tight my arm turner purple, I always wondered is that how they rigged the test) I also let them draw blood

Back to my cell... My public defender came in the 2nd day. His name was Raymundos Donti Deoka ( spelling??) Never forgot his name either. Before he said anything, I said please just get me out of here. He asked me my name and a couple other questions and then said he cant get me out, because I admitted to it. WHAT THE ^$%$*. He pulled out the police report and in it it said I said to the girl when she ID'ed me "" Im sorry I did it to you, but please tell them I didnt"

The LYING cops wrote down what they wanted and now the jerk lawyer was going to let it go. I started telling him it was a lie and he was a total jerk, saying its in the report. God I could have killed him and myself that day. My freinds came to visit the 3rd day and said Jeff they wont listen to them or the adults at the party. Talk about a nightmare

They took me to court a couple more times that week and I asked the judge for a phone call, to call my parents in Mass. I figured in a day or 2 the police would figure out I didnt do it, so I hadnt called my parentsnot a call you'd want to make. ''Hey Mom & dad Im in Jail for Rape, what are you guys doing"

They lowered my bail from $50,000 to $5000 cash. They gave me a phone in my cell and i called my Dad, how horrible that was. My Dad said stay cool and we will get you bailed out. I had told him I didnt do it and he knew I didnt. I finally got out after 8 days

I talked to my parent and said this public defender was useless. None of us knew what to do. I was thinking of running because they were going to put me away for this and I didnt do it. it was a 20 year sentence if convicted

My Mother was a waitress at this deli in Boston for many years and as I was growing up I worked there as a dishwaher/busboy/cook for years. My Mother knew this man who was a customer for years and he was a big shot lawyer in Boston, i knew him also, my mother served him breakfast for years. She spoke with him and asked him for help. I later found out at the time he was the President of the Trial Lawyers Assoc Of America. He told her not to worry, that he would get us a lawyer out there. I went to meet with this lawyer and I knew right away we could never afford this guy. His office was beautiful and right on Redando Beach peir. I talked to the guy and he used to be the sheriif of santa barbara county. I talked and told him the whole story. He said he was going to get his guy to do a lie detector test and , we talked for some time, near the end he said he would need 20K to take this case and if it goes to trial it would be more...................... My parents didnt have money , I left his office feeling sick all over again. I called mom & dad and mom just cried. The next day my mom talked to the lawyer in Boston and she called me back and said he was going to help again. I met with the lawyer about a month later at court. He told me he was sorry he shouldnt have mentioned money to me. we went in front of the judge and the lawyer asked the judge for more blood test to be taken, that the test that the cops did came back and basically was no match for my blood and the pubic hair samples didnt match. The lawyers and the judge talked to each other and we left the court. The lawyer said I'll have a plane ticket in a day and go back to Boston. I was not let off but they allowed me to leave the state. A week after I got home the lawyer said. I never have to come back for court, it wsnt me and good luck. We paid the lawyer 5K over a couple years. The Boston lawyer got him to reduce his rate. Thank God my mother served this man eggs for years or I could have done 20 years in jail

So the moral of this story is dont ever think it cant happen to you. This girl that was raped I was told by the lawyer here alcohol blood level was off the charts, she had drinken a whole bottle of black berry brandy. She was blind drunk and only had one eye open when she ID'ed me. nightmare happen like this and the cops and lawyers just want a conviction , they knew from the blood & hair samples that it wasnt me, but they didnt tell us until we had a high $$$$ Lawyer/ what if this girl was murdered and I didnt get a good lawyer. I may of been on death row

I think scumbags like the one that is posted in this thread should die, but becareful for what you ask for

One more sad quick story. I was 25 and i got arrested for welfare check fraud, except it wasnt me who cashed the checks. Before that I got a letter from the IRS saying I had already gotten my return$$$ back from my return. Well someone got a hold of one of my W-2's and put in a return under my name. I got documents from the IRS and it was one W-2 that was sent to an old address and a scumbag sent it in and got my money. I had all kinds of docs showing it wasnt my hand writing or signature. Well a month or so later, I get picked up by my home town police on a warrent. YUP here we go again. The same guy who cashed my check was cashing welfare checks. I talk to the cops and local prosecutor. I have my roommates bring in alll my paper work, I had a letter from the IRS saying that someone else stole my info and everythng. They still arraigned me. 2 weeks later they come and arrest me again. They had other welfare checks with my name on the back. What a frigging nightmare. I see the same prosacuter and he says to me there nothing he can do it has my name on the check and the bank that cashed them took out the charges. I called him an As----e and said I want to speak with his boss, that didnt happen. The clerk of court start to arraign me again. I start to tell him its the wrong person, he basically tells me to shut up this isnt the time. WELL I went for it, it wasnt the time for them, but I started telling the they have the wrong guy and the as------ prosacuter over there knows I didnt do it and he still is arstting me, I went off!!!!!!!! Finally as the bal;iffs started walking towards me. The Judge woke up and ordered the county DA to talk to me. She did and I showed her everything I had from the IRS , I had went to the bank that cashed all the checks and got no help from them etc etc. Finally I told her I was going to lose my job at the nuke plant if this keeps goingon. She said it was abviously not me and she wrote me a letter to my boss and said she would start working on this next week COOLLLLLLLLLL.

3 days later i get busted again (YUP 3 times)and finally the local guy let me go and said sorry. Up to this time they had yet to drop all the charges, so I had been calling TV & Radio stations, I called every newspaper and finally a local paper did a front page story about my nightmare. A Day later a knock on my door and its 2 big guys with sunglasses and GOLD badges. I started shaking and telling them write away it wasnt me I have papers, they came in and said calm down, they are here to help me. They or their boss read my story in the paper and they already think they know who it is. They got all charges dropped and called me to tell me they arrestted the guy. Got to love those Secret Service guys. I asked him who did it and they wouldnt give me a name , but said he movd into an apartment I used to live in and got my W-2 and went from there. He was a career criminal. I later say it in the paper he got 10 years and a 10K fine

Sorry for the long stories , I wasnt to sleepy, I wasnt going to join this thread topic, I had passed commenting on it when I 1st saw it. I have very mixed feelings about the death penalty. My expierences say dont trust the courts, but my heart says some people should die for what they do. just figured I'd share what can happen if your in the wrong place at the wrong time

Im happy they have DNA testing they should afford that to any lifer or death row guy just to make sure they have the right guy. Theres no figures on how many innocent people have gone to jails for years or died. But I guess there are no innocent people in jail

SORRY for the long jeff story, years later I dont ever really think about these 2 horrible things, but every once in a while I just thank god

My life is so good now I sometimes wonder, if this kind of s--t could happen to me again. Yup it could but it wont,because life is good

Jeff