Sign in to follow this  
kenfitz

XL 300 All Purpose Cleaner /

Question

I am really new to house washing. I am much better at a Deck Restore. :) Has anyone ever used the XL 300 all purpose cleaner from easy clean systems? I have been using it as my house wash chem and I am thinking of switching. Has anyone used this? I can't say I have been unhappy with it but I don't think it is working as well as it should.

I really don't know how much of the powder to use. The directions say to mix .5 cup per gallon. 2.5 cups in of it in a 5er and filled the rest with water.

My downstreamer is 12:1 water to chem?? so I should mix the powder 12times stronger? I just put 10 cups of powder in it and this seems way to strong. I couldn't get it to draw thing is that it seporates and leaves a powder at the bottom of my bucket. I think my downstreamer has clogged from the powder. Anybody know how much I should use in my house wash. I can't think to put 30 cups of this stuff in a 5er solution.

I am thinking of starting over with Citraclean or simple cherry and also starting to use bleach. I can't wait to start downstreaming but am still playing around with the ratios and have had trouble getting it to work right for me. What would you recommend?

Thanks, Ken

11 answers to this question

first off, welcome to the forums. i've never used the stuff that you are currenty using but i will stand up for the products that you are thinking of going to. i'm using the simple cherry mix that i got from bob at pressuretek.com. it's a powder that you add to your bleach mix. you don't have to add alot so it mixes really well. i understand that the citracleen is a good product also. you can get that from steve at thecleanernetwork.com. both of these guys know their stuff so feel free to email them for assistance.

good luck,

rando

Ken,

XL300 is a concentated liquid cleaner.

You may be using our "All Purpose Powder" instead

I am at home and don't have access your purchase

history until I am back in the office in the morning.

Assuming you are using our ALL PURPOSE POWDER

2.5 cups per 5 gallons of water should work fine, if

you are trying to put 10 cups of powder in to solution

it will require a lot of mixing, you should not need that

strong of a mixture .

Call me if you need help.

Mark,

Is your office down the street from where Antonios Pools used to be ~ they just moved a month or two ago?

I do alot of work with them with my concrete business!

Good seeing ya on the boards.

But in regards to downstreaming it. If the downstreamer says 12:1 do I have to mix the chems 12 times stronger or does the directions already take that into consideration. I have had success with it through my x jet with no partitioner at 3 cups in a 5er, but was wondering if a more specialized cleaner for housewashing would be more suited. I have only tried the XL300 so I don't know what to expect from it and how it relates to other cleaners. I just have the feeling that I am mixing it way too strong. The numbers on my Downstreamer from MTM is: 2.1 3-5 Gpm I have an EPPS unit 4GPM at 3750 PSI I would really like to get this Downstreaming thing down. Also can I mix bleach with XL300?

Ken

Carlos,

We moved to a new location in late October it is about

5 minutes away from where we used to be. We are now

located at 11337 Trade Center Drive # 200 Rancho Cordova

CA 95742

Here is a link to a Yahoo Map showing our location.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?name=Easy+Clean+Systems&desc=%28916%29+638-0828&csz=Rancho+Cordova+CA+95742&qty=9&cs=10&ds=n&ed=Q9Jjba160SwJ18gYPnz_rtPCPE.wyaJRMM92KP4K2h7ebbRJGbeIxn38VYVlB1O9JjTOlRRE24Ah2pY2nSpf2Il0Pw--&fr=yfp-t-501&gid1=21769909

Stop by if you are in the area.

Ken,

Assuming you are using our ALL PURPOSE POWDER

2.5 cups per 5 gallons of water should work fine.

You may want to consider a Dema downstream injector a unique

feature of the Dema downstream injector is that you can inject

chemical / soap at high pressure.

Call me so we can determine which of our products you are using.

post-2385-137772171846_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mark, I haven't done so much house washing because it has scared me. I had a bad experience with failing deep blue paint on wood siding that was highly oxidized. Looking back I don't think I would take this kind of job again. This was my second house wash and I feel I made every mistake possible. My client was not very happy with me. I did the best I could to make everything right.

I think that my initial impression was that most people on this board make is sound pretty easy but house washing is difficult to get right. I'm not unhappy with the all purpose powder by any means. The reason for my post is to figure out down streaming and to improve my techniques :) I have been very happy with your service Mark and you are the closest supplier to me. It seems that there are a few cleaners that are very popular here and I see a few recipes to add to them (i.e. bleach, tsp). I have a lot of XL300 left so I would like to experiment with that and come up with my own recipe.

What would be a good average house wash ratio going through my Down streamer? And if I Mjet it with no partitioner? Do you think bleach would help my cleaning process? By the way I do have a dema injector that I use with a Tucker Pole for awning cleaning but I didn't know I could use it with my PW equipment, How would I hook that into my machine?

I may need to get a few more quick connect tips from you for the down streaming what would you recommend for my 4gpm/3750 psi machine?

Thanks for your help Mark, Ken

Oxidized paint is always harder to work on and to me blue is the hardest - if you ever do aluminum siding that is oxidized watch out cause you can strip the paint without even trying.