Sign in to follow this  
suzuki98

Opinion please

I've narrowed my search down to 2 power washer's and ready to buy. My money won't allow me to buy a hot unit and I'm only going to start out with houses/gutters, maybe driveways. Here are the unit's please give me your honest opinion.

http://store.spraymallstore.com/13hobedrgepu.html

or

(complete package for $1899.00)

http://www.amazingmachinery.com/pressure-washer-business.html

Thanks!

The 5.6gpm @ 2500psi would be a better choice than 4gpm @ 4000psi.

http://mobicleaninc.com/store/item/143p7/Engine_Powered_Cold_Water/Cool_Drive-_2500psi_5_6gpm.html

Ask Paul about the General Pump. I have heard that the TS-2021 brass head is not a true General. True General pumps don't have brass heads. Maybe he can tell you what's on it for sure.

Richard Moore with Pro Wash, Inc. told me this. If Paul is not available, ask Rick. His # is 336-362-7735.

If it is not brass then what is it? Sure looks like brass to me.

Russ, "All General Pumps have brass heads...some are just nickel plated. The plating really does nothing to increase strength or durability."

Why are some nickel plated and some are not? I heard from Rick that the brass heads are black market clones of Generals and don't last as long as a real General. I'll ask him again next time I see him.

The 5.6gpm @ 2500psi would be a better choice than 4gpm @ 4000psi.

http://mobicleaninc.com/store/item/143p7/Engine_Powered_Cold_Water/Cool_Drive-_2500psi_5_6gpm.html

Ask Paul about the General Pump. I have heard that the TS-2021 brass head is not a true General. True General pumps don't have brass heads. Maybe he can tell you what's on it for sure.

Richard Moore with Pro Wash, Inc. told me this. If Paul is not available, ask Rick. His # is 336-362-7735.

yeah I really like the 5.6gpm @ 2500psi, that is an awesome unit. I have never seen another one with those specs (5.6gpm @ 2500psi). Anybody have a link to a similar unit?

Don, 4 gpm is not what you want! Go with the 5.6 gpm unit at least!

Look at the 8gpm and the 10 gpm ones here. (Scroll down to the 3rd & 4th ones.

http://mobicleaninc.com/store/category/btvf/Engine_Powered_Cold_Water.html

Now that's a deal! I don't know anyone that really likes a 4 gpm unit. They just settle for them.

Why are some nickel plated and some are not? I heard from Rick that the brass heads are black market clones of Generals and don't last as long as a real General. I'll ask him again next time I see him.

Just got off the phone with GP...man told me that the nickel plating is for corrosion resistance and allows for higher pressures...that's what I was told...:rolleyes2

Don, 4 gpm is not what you want! Go with the 5.6 gpm unit at least!

Look at the 8gpm and the 10 gpm ones here. (Scroll down to the 3rd & 4th ones.

http://mobicleaninc.com/store/category/btvf/Engine_Powered_Cold_Water.html

Now that's a deal! I don't know anyone that really likes a 4 gpm unit. They just settle for them.

If I could change one thing about the original equipment I bought, it would be to go with a higher GPM machine. I price bought a DD ~4 GPM Tuff.

It has been a good little machine, but it is slow. I've never used a high GPM machine to speak of, but I still feel slow.:lgtear:

I have a 4 GPM machine and wont have another one. Higher gpm all the way. DON I see you are from OH, have you called Bob at Pressure Tek and talked to him about a unit? Im not sure how far Cleveland is from Columbus. Just a thought...

Columbus is about 3 hrs to Cleveland but I'll look him up.

thx

I am joning the ranks of you guys as a power washer professional!!! I just ordered the CoolDrive 2500psi 5.6 gpm. It's my first machine and I'm sure I will be talking to you folks in 6months or so about an upgrade. This is my first and only unit and I think it will do a good job for houses, gutters, and driveways. Thanks to all for the imput on the machines!

When the pump on my 13HP/4 gpm unit failed, I replaced it with a 5.6 gpm gear drive pump (about $350 - gear drive and pump). With a bigger engine, it would be 3000 psi, but 13 HP gets you about 2500 psi. Anyone that goes this route will not be disappointed. You will not notice a loss of pressure. In fact, you will experience better/faster cleaning with your surface cleaner. GPM's rule!

I am joning the ranks of you guys as a power washer professional!!! I just ordered the CoolDrive 2500psi 5.6 gpm. It's my first machine and I'm sure I will be talking to you folks in 6months or so about an upgrade. This is my first and only unit and I think it will do a good job for houses, gutters, and driveways. Thanks to all for the imput on the machines!

Congradulations Don, you are already years ahead of most professionals who start out on 4gpm washers or smaller. That machine really rocks!

Gutters: To get gutters really clean I prefer to hand brush them with an extension pole, good brush, and a butyl degreaser in a five gallon bucket. A pressure washer doesn't remove the stubborn black streaks effectively.

Congradulations Don, you are already years ahead of most professionals who start out on 4gpm washers or smaller. That machine really rocks!

Gutters: To get gutters really clean I prefer to hand brush them with an extension pole, good brush, and a butyl degreaser in a five gallon bucket. A pressure washer doesn't remove the stubborn black streaks effectively.

thanks for the valuable info Mike...much appreciated!!

I have a cold water 4 GPM machine rated at 3700 PSI that I have been using for about a year. I have been happy with the machine but don't have experience with anything else to compare it to. Next week I am getting a 5 GPM @ 3000 PSI hot water machine. From what I have heard from others I am expecting to see much better results with flatwork and increased speeds with the higher flow and hot water. Sounds like you're moving in the right direction Don. I live in Georgia but was born in Sandusky. You ever get out to Cedar Point?