Sign in to follow this  
MarksMobileWash

Clean Windows Included In Price?

Question

6 answers to this question

i've tried a couple of different methods on window cleaning. naturally when you add bleach it's easy to streak the windows especially in the summertime and they dry so fast. i've just started using the simple cherry wash additive that helps the windows rinse without the streaks. i have also used the window wash that you hook up to the garden hose to help remove those streaks. it's fast and pretty inexpensive. as far as removing screens, i've never had to do that yet. removing screens means that i will have to go inside the house. i'm not too crazy about that. if that was a requirement then naturally i would have to charge extra.

rando

I threw in $5 - 10 per window on my bid on the "premium" pricing...included manually brushing the sills with a detergent (usually something like greased lightning). Removed the screens, washed out all the bugs and spiders, brushed the sills, and used window cleaner / squeegee clean the windows. You can't effectively clean windows the screens on and expect the customer to be pleased when they look out of them once everything is dried.

Wow Ken. Those pictures look impressive. My own house didn't look that good when I finished!! Thanks Rando for the info. I am still waiting for my first shipment of Simple Cherry. I will try it on the windows. Thanks all for the good advice. Mark.

G'day Mark

With any house wash the windows will get wet with over-spray, and the corners of the windows is a favourite spot for spiders and wasps so the glass gets wet and dirty. Most insect screens are in need of a clean - the ones I see are mounted from inside (1/3), clipped on from outside (1/3) or fixed security screens (1/3).

Many people aren't worried about the windows as the kids/dog make a mess all over the inside, or they are covered by curtains/blinds most of the time, or it rains often enough to keep them clean/dirty.

I will always wash screens (in place), sills, frames and window glass as I'm doing the walls and then come back and rinse again with window wash. I do discuss with the owner removing screens and wiping windows, but only about 20% go with that, although they usually want the insides done as well (which is where most of the mess is).