Sign in to follow this  
spiker2005

Looking for pump

Question

I have a 2 hundred gallon tank and I have a 5.5 sureflo pump that use to go to my pressure washer. But the pump does not have a enough pressure. My Pressure washer is 3700 psi and is 4.0 gpm. but the sureflo pump seems like it does not move the water at all. Can anyone recommen to me a pump that I could use to push the water. I have called like Pressure Washer suppliers and they act like they have no clue. Which I dont understand because they are in the business plus they sell portable water system trailers all set up for $8,000. Can someone help me out please.

4 answers to this question

How far away from the tank is your pressure washer? Sounds like you have a direct drive, but it'll pull from your tank without the booster. Just make sure to keep the hose run short, 3/4" or larger, and a straight shot into the pump.

So what you are saying is keep the pressure washer about 10 feet or less away from the pump? If I do that it kills me from the length away from the trailer to the house or project. Also I have this pump rig off my truck, I would like to make up my own skid since I have the tank and a trailer already. Wanted to know if there is a different kind of pump gas or air I could buy to do this. I also have a generator if I have to use it. But then I dont want to look like a home made job, but professional.

I agree with Russ. Leave the pressure washer on the trailer and do what most of have done....invest in longer pressure hoses. The draw rate on a pressure washer is not good enough to pull from say a hundred feet and you will probably burn up a sureflo as a booster pump due to it cycling so much. You could also damage your pressure pump by cavitation if there is a delay in the water supply from the sureflo having to lose enough pressure to kick back on.

Good luck and do plenty of reading on the TGS.

So what you are saying is keep the pressure washer about 10 feet or less away from the pump? If I do that it kills me from the length away from the trailer to the house or project. Also I have this pump rig off my truck, I would like to make up my own skid since I have the tank and a trailer already. Wanted to know if there is a different kind of pump gas or air I could buy to do this. I also have a generator if I have to use it. But then I dont want to look like a home made job, but professional.

Like Anthony and Russ said, you need more high pressure hose. 200ft minimum and a good hose reel.