Sign in to follow this  
DustinC

cold weather gutters streaks

Question

Can anyone give a scientific explanation as to why gutters streaks are so hard to get off when its cold.I've tried several gutter products and they all have dificulty removing the streaks in colder weather.I've done houses where the gutters would kill my time but once I got to the side of the house that the sun hits all day they come off like magic.

7 answers to this question

Dustin,

I have seen the same thing recently with this cold blast and it is frustrating. Don't worry though because the temps are heading back to the 60s soon!

Now dont laugh at what I am about to tell you. Try awesome it is the best gutter cleaner I have ever used. The kicker is you get it at the dollar store ( yes for one dollar) for 20oz. I have use Zep gutter cleaner forever not anymore awesome all the way. Do not delute it spray it straight on but wash off in about 10 seconds very strong. One of them as seen on tv products that clean 100 different things. Try it ( Works great for me)

I'm having this trouble with F-13 too. I wash down to 35 degrees but the gutters don't seem to want to come clean.

Is it that the gutters are cold or that the chemical is cold?

Will an increase in chem strength help? I haven't tried yet...

K & R, you're paying a little over $5 a gallon for the awesome, which means $25 for 5 gallons. And you can't dilute, you can buy F-13 in a 5 gallon pail from Bob for around $55 but you can dilute it to 20-1 which means you're getting a 105 gallons for $55 compare to 10 gallons of Awesome for $55. So 21 Gallons of F-13 for $5 or 1 Gallon of Awesome of $5. You can use it on anything. Switch to the F-13 and save yourself a lot of money