Sign in to follow this  
Lenny Schrec

Clean Grout

Hello,

I'm Lenny Schrecengost of Lenny's Power Washing in VA. I am new to this board. I know alot of you from other boards. I'm one of those that tend to read post and not post to much. I have been in business for 6+ years and we are doing great.

We are expand into other area such as grout cleaning and sealing. After looking this fourm over I see I have alot to learn. We purchased a dry vapor steam cleaner to use to remove gum, to sanitize (indoors) and hopefuly clean grout. Has anyone ever tried the dry vapor steam. It runs upto 300 degree and runs about 4 hours on a gallon of water so there is no recovery to worry about. I hope to do a small entrance this week for local resturant for free to see how good it will do.

As far as pricing, I see it can run 25 cents to $1 per square foot. Is this just cleaning or doea this include sealing for $1? I am looking forward to seeing more about Anti Growth ( for sealing grout) at the round table in NC next month. A very large outlet mall here in Williamsburg used that on there entir center after painting it the last time..

Lenny you will find that the steam vapor units are not suitable for professional cleaning because they are too slow to work with plus the steam vapor softens the grout making it clean but also very weak to the point that it will casue it to fall apart. Grout tis not be cleaned at a pressure higher than 600psi max