Sign in to follow this  
Jarrod

I'm a believer!!!!!!!!!!1

I ordered a 1/4 inch barb from E-spec north along with my other stuff. I tried it out yesterday. All I can say is "Holy crap! This thing really works!" (I really said that.)

Yes, it shoots further than an X-Jet. Looks like I'll be Down Streaming houses this year.

I'll still use my X-Jets on those Behr decks.

If you haven't tried this yet, you have to. It's worth a couple of bucks, trust me. Bennifits are:

1 - Shoots further/higher

2 - 1 bucket of housewash per house! (Instead of 2 or 3)

3 - No more tangled hoses

4 Only move the bucket of H.W. once or twice. (Unless you can leave it in the truck.)

I ordered a 1/4 inch barb from E-spec north along with my other stuff. I tried it out yesterday. All I can say is "Holy crap! This thing really works!" (I really said that.)

Yes, it shoots further than an X-Jet. Looks like I'll be Down Streaming houses this year.

I'll still use my X-Jets on those Behr decks.

If you haven't tried this yet, you have to. It's worth a couple of bucks, trust me. Bennifits are:

1 - Shoots further/higher

2 - 1 bucket of housewash per house! (Instead of 2 or 3)

3 - No more tangled hoses

4 Only move the bucket of H.W. once or twice. (Unless you can leave it in the truck.)

Yea but whats the strongest rate it can shoot the chemical up. The 7-1's don't work for me which is the reason I like the X-jet so much.

Yea but whats the strongest rate it can shoot the chemical up. The 7-1's don't work for me which is the reason I like the X-jet so much.

What are you cleaning? What chem are you using? Downstreaming, for me, always gets enough chem on. The only time I use x-jet is flat work soaping/oxalic etc.. Concrete buildings too. If your not cleaning Vinyl then I see why the x-jet works better.

Maybe your chems aren't strong enough in the first place. Do you buy from a distributor that pushes x-jets in order to be more profitable on thier dilluted chems?

Sometimes overlooked..... The greatest benefit to downstreaming house washes is the marketing advantage of "We never use more that 40 psi on your Vinyl" Lower pressure is much safer on vinyl.

If your mix is strong enough, downstreaming is more than sufficient. I have always downstreamed all of my deck chems for years.

John T., I also went to downstreaming last year, and I,m now converted. Still use the xjet for rinsing, which keeps it with me in case I have to use some ox, or have a really bad green side of a house, then I will place a small bucket of solution for xjetting that side (very rare).

Can it suck the soup thru 250 ft of hose. Everything is left in the trucks.

Brian Wendling

Rolling Suds

Good question. Up to 200 ft. of hose. I tried it and it worked.

I run 200 feet of hose and have no problem but Jeff runs some serious length. I have to imagine that there is a solution to his issue though. Perhaps some of the double injectors? Two injectors inline? Would love to see some of you long hosers run some tests and see what kind of draw rates you get. I have to think that this is not impossible but just requires a bit of experimentation. If you can solve it your bottom line will love you for it.

I love my X-jet. I think it was GymRat who suggested using it for my rinse nozzle and it has been great. I also use it on really green stuff with chem which is typically one side of the house here. I have a house to do tomorrow that is gonna be worth some pictures. His HOA left him a note saying that if he didn't clean it by Wednesday he would be fined. Temps are going to be a bit cold so I will be turning the heater on to 100 degrees just to help the housewash mix out a bit. Must remember the camera!

I use to down stream for years and had numerous injectors from different companies. Since I use a ton of chlorine/bleach I use to go thru quick connects hoses etc. even the injectors went bad with the little ball in it getting corroded out. Then of course I went to a ceramic set-up but I never got the mixes I was looking for. Maybe I cleaned alot more then most here because My hoses would corrode also with so much sodium hypochorite running thru them. Oh yea my wand quick connects to would wear down from downstreaming.

What I probably do is use chemcals at a much stronger rate then alot do here. I put them on fast and rinse them off fast. I also do alot of Cedar houses where I need a strong mix of stripper to go on them and once again if I dont need my deckster to put on the stripper the next best thing is my x-jet because of the strength I can shoot the stripper up at 30 feet.

So downstreaming doesn't work for me anymore because I go with stronger mixes to go faster. More dangerous doing it my way but its much faster and to me Time is a major factor.

Except for the way I clean I guess you could say as Ken does its so 2004.

haha, I'm just busting your chops, John. Whatever works best for you is my philosophy.

For what its worth, running two rigs had a combined reading from the hour meters of 720 hours and ran through stripper, acid, bleach and every other god forsaken chemical and did not replace one thing due to failure from hoses, to QC's to downstreamers. I always get the most expensive parts and I never get let down.

On the hose length thing.. I get noticeabley less draw at 250 ft than with 200 ft.

If you run over a 150 ft of hose you need a smaller oriface on your injector. I use a downststream injector with 300 ft of hose everyday and it works fine. If I need stronger chemical (rarely) I just fire up the John Blue Pump, on smaller jobs I'll put chem in a pump up sprayer. I have tried an x-jet and to me anything is better than carrying around extra hose and buckets of chem. my .02 worth I also use a stainless steel injector which makes all the difference in the world.

The 1/4" barb is just a standarg 1/4" barb x 1/4"mpt hose barb. The larger size gives you the opening to be able to drop the pressure for downstream chemical injection and it shoots it like a 0 degree tip. Plus if you want a little angle to the spray you can flatten the tip a little to get a spray pattern. Barbs

If you run over a 150 ft of hose you need a smaller oriface on your injector. I use a downststream injector with 300 ft of hose everyday and it works fine. If I need stronger chemical (rarely) I just fire up the John Blue Pump, on smaller jobs I'll put chem in a pump up sprayer. I have tried an x-jet and to me anything is better than carrying around extra hose and buckets of chem. my .02 worth I also use a stainless steel injector which makes all the difference in the world.

Hey Mel, what injector do you use for 300 ft. of hose?