Sign in to follow this  
Neil_Asheville

Simple Cherry vs Citracleen

Can anyone offer up personal experience on cost per use, powder versus liquid ease, and cleaning comparisons of both chems? M5'd last year so you know what that entails with mixing buckets from concentrate prior to each job. I'm thinking about adding a 20gal soap tank, 20 gal SH tank, along with current supply tank for DS'ing.

Last year I xjetted M5 all my houses using Citracleen purchased in 55gal drum kits. This year, new 5.5gpm machine and downstreaming...i'll give DS'ing a shot...I have a feeling I'll be putting the M5 on the shelf.

Citracleen is a fantastic product, and may stick with it. This year, though, will be all about cost containment of chemicals and disposables.

thanks in advance...

/neil

I started using Dawn this past year Neil after using commercial house cleaning soaps for a few years and I'll never buy the commercial soaps again. Dawn Apple Blossom is what I use.

I love the simle cherry because it is cheap, cheap to ship and I mix it when I use it. Takes up less space having a powder vs. jugs of solution. I have used sunbrite citrus cleaner which is comprable to the citracleen from what I have been told and cannot tell a difference from the cherry to the citrus.

I have not had the chance to use Citri-clean (I plan on it because of the great things I have heard about it). However, Simple Cherry is great, suds well, smells GREAT, easy to mix ( I put it in a old milk carton with hot water and add it when I get to the job. Plus, Dealling with Bob at Pressure Tek is alway a pleasure. His customer service is OUTSTANDING!

Niel,

You crack me up.

I think you will be pleased with the simple cherry and as you know from PA, Bob is a great guy. I actually feel bad having the winter off that I have not been able to give him any business.

When in doubt on what is best, I always check these boards for advise but then evaluate for myself. It may not hurt to get a small or a sample pack of the citracleen and go from there. There is nothing better than be deciding from your own experience. IE. downstream vs. x-jet. Anyone who just decides by reading is foolish in my mind. Spend the $150 for an x-jet and the downstreaming equipment. Try each for a full day after learing how to use each and decide for yourself based on your needs.

Have a safe and wonderful Ground Hog Day!!!

I use Citra clean on stucco and it works well, I also just use apple blossum dawn on vinyl. Cirta vs dawn on stucco citra is better. Have not used simple cherry

The one thing I don't like to pay for is shipping water. We buy in powder form when ever possible. This results in lower shipping costs which helps with budgeting and stretching the allocated $$$$$.

We have been testing Simple Cherry with favorable results. Cannot offer any comparison on Citracleen as we have not tried it, but if it comes in liquid form, I would be less inclined to use it for that reason alone.

Rod!~

The one thing I don't like to pay for is shipping water. We buy in powder form when ever possible. This results in lower shipping costs which helps with budgeting and stretching the allocated $$$$$.

We have been testing Simple Cherry with favorable results. Cannot offer any comparison on Citracleen as we have not tried it, but if it comes in liquid form, I would be less inclined to use it for that reason alone.

Rod!~

RPC Citra lean 55 gallon drum kit is powder

Jeff,

What is your Citra Clean to SH mix on stucco? I know you do a ton of stucco.

Scott

1 or 1 1/2 gallon Citra (usually 1 gallon) to 1-2 gallon of SH in a 5 and top off with water

I have not used Citracleen, but heard favorable commnets about it here and there. I use the simple Cherry from bob at PT and it works great. I switched by XJing to DSing and really like it better.I don't like to carry the extra water aruond nor pay for shipping. If I carry the powder around and mix it at the job. I know I use a bit more chems that way, but I don't like to have to mix 55 gal kits, transfer the liquid to 5'ers and transport etc.Overall, I think DSing saves chems relative to XJing, I have used the SC on about any surface, stucco, vinyl, wood etc all with good results.

I have not used Citracleen, but heard favorable commnets about it here and there. I use the simple Cherry from bob at PT and it works great. I switched by XJing to DSing and really like it better.I don't like to carry the extra water aruond nor pay for shipping. If I carry the powder around and mix it at the job. I know I use a bit more chems that way, but I don't like to have to mix 55 gal kits, transfer the liquid to 5'ers and transport etc.Overall, I think DSing saves chems relative to XJing, I have used the SC on about any surface, stucco, vinyl, wood etc all with good results.

When you downstream to painted stucco what amount of SC & SH are you using? We don't have much stucco around here, but I have some restaurants that I will clean next month that are stucco. I was actually debating Citracleen vs SC for stucco, and was going to try DS vs xj on it. I am not sure if I can get enough chems on the stucco with DS. I switched to DS for vinyl last year. Any recomendations are welcome.

SJ

I use Citra clean on stucco and it works well, I also just use apple blossum dawn on vinyl. Cirta vs dawn on stucco citra is better. Have not used simple cherry

You mean Dawn and chlorine, right??