Sign in to follow this  
John T

Company website using others pictures

Contact them and give them a chance to correct it. That's what we do, it's just frustrating to find it to begin with.

Doing a direct copy and paste of text and photos is just wrong in my opinion. There was a house washing photo with Rod in it, that used to make the rounds online...Funny thing is, he never worked for any of those companies! :)

Beth

Why was my post on this topic deleted?!?

When did you post it? I didn't get an email notification of a new post, and I've been sitting here all morning. Are you sure it actually posted?

Just repost what you had to say!

When did you post it? I didn't get an email notification of a new post, and I've been sitting here all morning. Are you sure it actually posted?

Fairly certain as I checked the verbage and links after I posted. I won't bother to repost it as I wouldn't want to "stir the pot" any more.

That's because if he did post, it didn't make the thread. I didn't get any update from him either, but I did for you and the other members who responded.

Yet, clearly his last response doesn't add back in what he said he posted....hmmmmmm...... how many clicks does it take?.....the world may never know....

Beth

This is a sore subject for me for sure.... I have no problem sharing my pictures if they ask. About 3-4 years ago There was a company in the same area that decided to register one of my names (LI POWERWASH) then to make matters worse he stole picks off my site as well as beths. I had to put my name across all my pictures on my site.

This is a sore subject for me for sure.... I have no problem sharing my pictures if they ask. About 3-4 years ago There was a company in the same area that decided to register one of my names (LI POWERWASH) then to make matters worse he stole picks off my site as well as beths. I had to put my name across all my pictures on my site.

I remember someone used one of Beth and Rods pictures not that long ago and I think Beth called him on it then he removed it.

Probably me. Actually it was more than Beth & Rod, it was several peoples pics. No foul intended, I just did a search for c:\*.jpg and copied 'em all to a big folder. Never considered the internet cache files, pictures in the /temp folder I had enhanced and printed out for my guys (more below), etc. All in all, I think it was about 3-4 pics out of 20.

Bottom line, mistakes happen so start nice. If it's a mistake, they will have 'em down in 15 minutes. If not, get out the ugly stick.

Philip

*enhanced and printed out for my guys - To answer the Question, no I do not send TGS links to my guys. It's bad enough that they already think they can quit and start up tomorrow without me handing them this gold mine as a tool. I print pics and discuss what I see right, what I see wrong, etc.

I received a reply the next day agreeing to remove my pics, but claiming that he had bought them from a broker who claimed that, since I didn't have a copyright on them, they were fair game.

That's another scam hitting our there. I WENT AFTER a site I found plagarizing about 10 of my articles. The cooperated and led me to a broker selling ready made sites complete with my content. $399 and you are online.

We shut them down hard, but the point was the rip-off brokers do exist.

You don't even have to print and scan...just do a "print screen" to the clipboard, and paste it into a photo editor, crop out the garbage, and you have the picture.

That alters the pic geometry. Just turn off javascript or view source to get the original unaltered file.

Doing a direct copy and paste of text and photos is just wrong in my opinion.

Wait until they hotlink to you. They get the pic, and you pay for the bandwidth everytime it is displayed!

there is someone on this forum doing some major theivery right now...The Grease Police SWAT team is all over it and he will regret it when we're done with him :D Dozen's of phone calls during greaser hours is not fun...dozen's of phone calls asking for quotes to fictitious places or even real places and make them show up and the "real place" is like WTF? are you here for isn't fun either.

You know who you are doing it pal, I would suggest taking them off, before you we frisk you the Grease Police way

Hmmmmm I wonder who that could be... It wouldn't be to hard to figure it out. Hopefully that person does the right thing and fixes his wrong. Ethically without even discussing legally its wrong to take someone's pictures without there consent.

well, we're giving this person the benefit of the doubt and giving him a chance to remove them in case he had somebody build the site for him and it really was a mistake....

if there is no response, then it's public humiliation time...

well, we're giving this person the benefit of the doubt and giving him a chance to remove them in case he had somebody build the site for him and it really was a mistake....

if there is no response, then it's public humiliation time...

I tried that with one of these guys, contacted him directly, and it turned into a nasty war...He signed me up for gay newsletters, free insurance phone quotes, etc etc etc.

I may have signed him up for a few magazine subscriptions in response...or maybe I didn't. LOL

hahahahah...that's pretty funny Mike..sorry it was him that got you, but it's still pretty funny.

Let's just say that the last guy that used a GP member's pics was very, VERY happy to take them down after we got done with him....

Some how I get the feeling that Mat Bryant put the fear in this guy. I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of the fence with Mat and his computer genius picture stuff that he is capable of doing. He can turn anyone of us into half man and half Donkey in a matter of minutes...