Sign in to follow this  
squirtgun

Flyer/Mailer

I would be a hypocrite if I didn't try and share after my replyin RCBill's post so here is the flyer/mailer Ken Fenner re-wrote for me.Thanks Ken..........Alter it to fit your needs.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Could Your House Use A Bath?

In the fight on exterior grime, the three biggest offenders are mold, mildew and algae. These culprits not only make your home's exterior look run down but they also can present health risks such as asthmatic and allergic reaction. Mold spores outside can easily enter your home through windows, cracks and improperly installed siding. Once inside, symptoms like headaches, blurred vision, and loss of concentration can affect you and your family.

What are the five benefits of a professional exterior cleaning?

1. We have the tools and the know-how to do the job right. You won't have to fuss with rented machines, dangerous chemicals or back-breaking work.

2. We use landscape friendly cleaners. The job gets done right and you don't have to worry about your grass or plants being harmed. Our specialty cleaners allow for low pressure and gentle washing so there is no damage to your exterior.

3. We take away the risk. You don't have to scale ladders or risk not being able to work this week while you nurse a back injury or worse.

4. We can save you money. Many times what appears to need replacing or painting can be brought back to life with a proper wash done at a fraction of the cost.

5. Your time is valuable. With one call to Karvonen's Pro Clean you can have your house sparkling. You are free to spend time doing what you like to do.

The time to remove these spores is now ! The wet and mild winter we have had here in Worth County has given these spores a head start. At Karvonen's Pro Clean we are experts at getting rid of this problem properly. We not only leave your exterior fresh and clean, we make it healthier for your family and pets.

Make the call now for a FREE, no obligation evaluation. We'll show you how you can bring back the curb appeal to your largest investment, your home. The only thing you have to lose is dirt.

PS: Book your spring cleaning before _________ and we'll take an extra 10% off our already competitive rates.

Scott, this may seem like a silly question, but how do you address the envelopes/postcards. Last year we tried "To our neighbors" trying to build on the fact that we are a local/neighborhood company so we care how where we live/work looks. Any ideas or suggestion? Thanks Mike

We have always tried to address direct mail to the actual person.I think current resident addressed mail usually goes unread.

I like the idea of "To our neighbors" it lends some sincerity and a perosnal touch.

I have seem some mailer that were addressed both in the home owners name and current resident.

Scott, this may seem like a silly question, but how do you address the envelopes/postcards. Last year we tried "To our neighbors" trying to build on the fact that we are a local/neighborhood company so we care how where we live/work looks. Any ideas or suggestion? Thanks Mike

It is always best to address directly to the home owner. But if that isn't possible...think...

'Affinity Group' [a group of like minded people or people with similar interests]

Attention: Summer Glades Resident

Dear Sweltering Oaks Homeowner

URGENT: Boy Scouts Local 121

Get the idea?

Do you guys hand address the env, or have a font that makes it look like hand addressed. Some of the direct marketing guys claim that tons of mail gets thrown away if it looks like its a sales type of mailer because the postman figures the homeowner doesnt want it anyway, so why waste his/her time going to the door.

I don't recommend it except on smaller lists, that are pre-qualified in some productive manner. It is horrendously time-consuming. I do try to address to the homeowner by name. I think that handwritten mail addressed to a person is more likely to be opened, but only because of my own habits. I open mail addressed to me by hand. I also usually look at the return address.

As far as the letter carrier throwing them away, that isn't very common. The postal service is remarkably secure, and there is no US law enforcement agent more powerful than a postal inspector. Destroying or tampering with the US Mail is always a felony, and is always prosecuted to the fullest extent. The postal inspecors are everywhere, and they do all different sorts of studies to be sure the mail isn't being intercepted, or lost/discarded.

If anybody really believes their mail isn't getting through, lodge a complaint. They are taken very seriously, and action will follow. Think of how much junk mail you get, do you think any is missing?

Scott,

I've ran a ad in a couple of "Neighborhood Magazines". My home address never did get them, while my PO Box did. Makes you think.

I know adddressing by hand is VERY timeconsuming, but like you said, if something is addressed by hand, than I think the chances of it being opened go though the roof.

Maybe our companies will get to the point that we can have a seperate mailing divison and we can hire people to hand address env. all day long. :)

Do you guys hand address the env, or have a font that makes it look like hand addressed. Some of the direct marketing guys claim that tons of mail gets thrown away if it looks like its a sales type of mailer because the postman figures the homeowner doesnt want it anyway, so why waste his/her time going to the door.

I don't handle any of the addressing or mailing lists other than physically reviewing the target blocks. The mailers all are addressed by labels and machine by the place that handles that stuff for me. I do have six "QC" addresses on every mailer to make sure things are going out when they are supposed to and arrive like they should.

I I do have six "QC" addresses on every mailer to make sure things are going out when they are supposed to and arrive like they should.

That's smart. I never really thought of that. I've never done direct mail, but that is well worth the extra couple of bucks to ensure they are going out when they should. Otherwise you'll never be able to guage you're lead time from the time the homeowner gets them till the phone starts ringing.

Scott

That's smart. I never really thought of that. I've never done direct mail, but that is well worth the extra couple of bucks to ensure they are going out when they should. Otherwise you'll never be able to guage you're lead time from the time the homeowner gets them till the phone starts ringing.

Scott

And believe it or not, many probably won't, BUT both mail houses and the good ol U.S. POSTAL SERVICE have been caught red handed THROWING your mass mailings in thee dumpsteer!

As far as hand addressing, it's a waste of time unless you are sending a 'personalized letter/envelope' package. To hand address a Post Card is utter (or is that udder) foolishness;)

Since the Post Card already conveys a...mass mailing!

And believe it or not, many probably won't, BUT both mail houses and the good ol U.S. POSTAL SERVICE have been caught red handed THROWING your mass mailings in thee dumpsteer!

As far as hand addressing, it's a waste of time unless you are sending a 'personalized letter/envelope' package. To hand address a Post Card is utter (or is that udder) foolishness;)

Since the Post Card already conveys a...mass mailing!

Sorry, I just read some of the other posts. Duh! But YES, the Postal Service has been caught dumping mail. And not just one or two letters, we're talking dumpsters full. Many very big mass mailers, use several post offices to mail from just to avoid ALL of their mail being potentially dumped.

Also, if you have a valid reason to hand address your envelopes you can always try to find someone locally that you pay (per piece only) to do it for you. Let's say .10 - .15 each. Stay at home moms can do this while watching soaps and make a few easy dollars.

And if they are really worth hand addressing, the extra cost shouldn't really matter.

For what it is worth - here in Auckland we use a slightly different approach. We do not address our fliers - we simply pop them in the letterbox. We walk down a street and view each and every home. Our flier introduces who we are - what we do and then at the bottom of the flier we have the following;

"From the street, the estimated investment to wash your home is $_______"

and then we put in a price Close to what we think it would be. Our rough estimates are based on how many hours we think it will take to complete the job based on a rate of NZ$125.00 per hour.

This system has worked very well for us over the past 4 years. Would be keen to know if anyone uses this method over your way.

Cheers

Alan & Liz

AWL Professional Housewashing

For what it is worth - here in Auckland we use a slightly different approach. We do not address our fliers - we simply pop them in the letterbox. We walk down a street and view each and every home. Our flier introduces who we are - what we do and then at the bottom of the flier we have the following;

"From the street, the estimated investment to wash your home is $_______"

and then we put in a price Close to what we think it would be. Our rough estimates are based on how many hours we think it will take to complete the job based on a rate of NZ$125.00 per hour.

This system has worked very well for us over the past 4 years. Would be keen to know if anyone uses this method over your way.

Cheers

Alan & Liz

AWL Professional Housewashing

It's a FEDERAL offense to place items in a mailbox unless it has a stamp on it. It is also a Federal offense to damage a mail box in this country. So many have pondered it but it can't be legally done here.

Scott

I use a font type called max's handwriting. It's as good as hand addressing the envelopes yourself imho. I also address the homeowner as "our neighbors" as well. I get a good response with my mailers, but it's VERRRRY time consuming to prepare them. I never used postcards before, but I will this year. Hopefully I'll get a similar response with postcards. If I don't oh well back to mailers!

It's a FEDERAL offense to place items in a mailbox unless it has a stamp on it. It is also a Federal offense to damage a mail box in this country. So many have pondered it but it can't be legally done here.

Scott

FYI Scott, he's in New Zealand....outside the control of our beloved dictatorship here. SO what the queen allows is our loss.

FYI Scott, he's in New Zealand....outside the control of our beloved dictatorship here. SO what the queen allows is our loss.

Yeah I knew they were overseas even though I thought it was Australia. But New Zealand is about the same,geographically anyway.

Scott

For all you guys who send out mailers, Are they just letter sized paper folded like you would a letter? Do you staple them shut or tape them shut? Thanks.