Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

The Economy; how do you feel about it?

What is your feeling about the economy?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What is your feeling about the economy?

• Great! I have no concerns about it.
    • Ok. It hasn't affected me or my business.
    • I am concerned about it.
    • It has effected me personally.
    • It has effected my business.
    • I am having to consider other income potentials due to it.

Didn't their CEO just get the boot?

Yup, I think they brought back one of the original guys back to run it

Recession everybody, its the END of modern civilization as we know it. At least thats what Im telling all the PW companies around here, so they all quit and get a full time job and then I get all the work:lildevil:

Went to the RV show here over the weekend. We had a camper and boat when the kids were little and would like to do that again someday.

I was surprised by the number of people there and the sales activity. With all the bad economic news I thought this was an industry that would be hurting. They were still offering 15 to 20 year financing on these things too. I thought the banks would be tightening the reins on long term loans for purchases like this.

Doug,

Interesting that you would mention this as I went to a Landscaping/Garden Expo a couple weeks and saw the same thing. There were tons of people in attendance and the vendors all seem upbeat about their business and the outlook.

I don't really know how valid perception of salesmen's attitudes would be in judging economic growth...

Any good salesman is professionally positive. The next BIG deal IS just around the corner.

Here's what I just read... a year ago, banks were financing 120% of a home's value. Today, in MY area, they want $160k down, fico over 680, and documented income over $16k/month to buy a home here in average price range...

That pretty much means buyer must be in top 1% of the country.

Elsewhere, I read of 3bd with pool foreclosure on Cape Cod being sold for $135k. Sounds great to me, but I have no real clue.

I've gotten myself trapped in reading gloom and doom stuff, yet there is undoubtedly opportunity out there for those who may be situated well to take advantage of it.

The rest of us?

We'll have to eat cake.