Sign in to follow this  
Ed Reedy

Parking garage

Question

I have to bid on a 3 story parking garage. 1st and 2nd floor enclosed 3rd floor roof top parking. The Villages wants the dirt and salt removed. Total sq ft 480,518 I'm thinking $48,000 this is in Chicagoland area. Is this to high or to little of a bid I am figuring .10 sq ft. If I land this job I will be going to disney world.

23 answers to this question

Around here it would be around $.06 give or take a 1/2 cent

I dont know your area, but that seems high. At .06 you could at least go to 6 Flags or save up for Disney LOL

You have to find out what the rates are in your area if you dont know

Good luck

Jeff

yup I agree with above. I would guess 5-6 cent per square may land you that job which would mean around $25,000 for the job. How many days do you expect to take to clean it and do you have to reclaim the water??

I don't have to reclaim the water. I have the unit on a flat bed trailer, I will have to invest in a water tank to put on the trailer. I really don't know how long that will take since I have never did a job of this size. I done window washing for the village hall, train station, and bus stops. Hopefully I have a little bit of an edge on others. Does anyone have any idea how many sq ft can be done if a 8 hour day. I have a 30" surface cleaner.

I don't have to reclaim the water. I have the unit on a flat bed trailer, I will have to invest in a water tank to put on the trailer. I really don't know how long that will take since I have never did a job of this size. I done window washing for the village hall, train station, and bus stops. Hopefully I have a little bit of an edge on others. Does anyone have any idea how many sq ft can be done if a 8 hour day. I have a 30" surface cleaner.

these are big parking decks if its just 3 floors it will be a little easier. 2500-4000 sq ft an hr with 5.6 or 8 gpm

What size machine do you have? you might want to have 2 machines at least or you'll be there for a while. I like t have my biggest machine running at all times then I'll have at least 1 other machine & surface cleaner and that guy will also rinse and push the water. Keep the surface cleaner moving its the money maker

Team up with someone if you get it. what are you going to charge ?

Good luck

I have a 4 gal 3500 psi, I also have a cold water 4 gal 3500psi. I think I will tune that up for rinsing. I will charge five cents a sq ft. I will just have to go to disney world by myself and keep the wife working. Thanks for the help and advice.

Ed, I would strongly advise you to purchase a larger machine - you've already proved you can land large jobs. With a 4 gpm unit, it will take you much much longer then if you had a 5.5 or 8. This single job will pay for the unit, and I bet you could cut your time down by at least 1/3 if not in half. You're 30 inch surface cleaner is more suited to a 5.5 or 8 gpm machine, you will be able to walk a lot faster. I have a 20 inch surface cleaner, with a 5.5 gpm machine and I can clean 3000 sq foot with moderate gum in an hour, including setup and loading back up. It took me about twice that with my older 4 gpm machine.

What he said!!!:lgmoneyey :lgsideway

What he said!!!

450,000 sq ft You need a bigger machine, you'll be on that job forever with a 4gpm. See if theres a rental place that rents 5.5

Really man you need more GPM for a job that size

Good luck

Jeff

Can't afford a machine this year the one I have now is only a year old. Plus I invested in a truck mount carpet cleaning truck so I'm am working on expanding that. ThenI had to build a new garage to put the truck in. I am thinking if I get the job to hook up with someone else.

No reclaiming? What happened to the CWA in IL?

Get connected with someone with an environmental Clean and Recovery set up - its faster, and if it faster, its more money for you.

Rob

Here is my two cents. GET A BIGGER MACHINE !!!! you have no idea how long it is going to take you. You need atleast a 6 gpm. I am talking from experience. I tried 38,000 sq/ft with a 4 gpm. I feel like I lost money. Good luck with whatever you do.

I Dont Even Know How Somebody That Reads This Board, Would Even Attempt That Job With A 4gpm. Thats Like A Homeowner Cleaning A Parking Garage, A Bigger Machine Will Save You Money

1. You Can Keep It For Future Jobs

2. You Will Be Able To Do This Job Yourself.

My Advise

If You Have Decent Credit Ask For Loan. Sometimes Pressure Cleaning Equipment Stores Have In-house Lenders

Or Sub It Out And Take A Percentage. Then With That Money Buy A New Machine.

Basically Buy A New Machine!

Did I Mention To Get A New Machine

On 5/22/2007 at 4:17 PM, PRESSURE PACKED said:

I Dont Even Know How Somebody That Reads This Board, Would Even Attempt That Job With A 4gpm. Thats Like A Homeowner Cleaning A Parking Garage, A Bigger Machine Will Save You Money

1. You Can Keep It For Future Jobs

2. You Will Be Able To Do This Job Yourself.

My Advise

If You Have Decent Credit Ask For Loan. Sometimes Pressure Cleaning Equipment Stores Have In-house Lenders

Or Sub It Out And Take A Percentage floor preparation Brisbane. Then With That Money Buy A New Machine.

Basically Buy A New Machine!

Did I Mention To Get A New Machine

Determining an appropriate bid for a specific project involves considering various factors, such as the scope of work, labor and equipment costs, market rates, and the specific requirements of the client. As an AI language model, I don't have access to real-time data or specific knowledge of current market rates in the Chicagoland area. However, bidding at $0.10 per square foot for a project involving cleaning a 3-story parking garage with a total square footage of 480,518 does result in a bid of $48,051.80. Keep in mind that this is a rough estimate based solely on the information provided. It's crucial to conduct proper research, consider all project details, and possibly consult with professionals in the industry to ensure an accurate and competitive bid. Additionally, note that costs can vary depending on the level of dirt and salt buildup, any additional services required, and the specific cleaning methods and equipment needed. It's important to thoroughly assess the project and communicate with the client to ensure you understand their expectations and requirements. Ultimately, it's advisable to carefully consider all relevant factors and conduct a comprehensive cost analysis to arrive at a fair and competitive bid for the project.

Edited by jobalthough

Expertise and Experience: Professional cleaning services employ skilled and experienced cleaners who have undergone rigorous training. Their expertise allows them to handle various cleaning challenges efficiently, ensuring every nook and cranny is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. They possess the knowledge of using advanced equipment, eco-friendly cleaning products, and proven techniques, delivering unmatched results.