Sign in to follow this  
hawk

How have websites helped?

How has your website helped your business and how have you used it to produce more business?

Thats a ground ball question. Your website is like a brochure about your business that many people can view for nothing. Put your website in ALL of your advertising. With that being done your website opens many doors for potential jobs.

A Website today is a Must!! Like Bill Gates said back in the 90's "If people don't get a computer within 3 yrs they'll be left behind" to rephrase that John Tornabene says(Ok Joe nobody) if you don't have a website for your business in the very near future you'll be left behind the Money train!! So don't miss out:)

I have had my Website up for less then a month, and have already had two jobs from it. Just remember, to put your site ALL of your advertising! Also, even if you are not ready to buid it now, purchase the domain name you want. It is only 10 bucks a year.

I don't think my website got me any business. It does however sell my company to customers who have seen my ad or business card. I get alot of people who say,"My deck looks like the 'before' pictures on your website." Several of the $1000+ decks I did last year were because those people could see my results with their own two eyes, even before calling me. These customers are easy to close in one call, because they know what you can do before you ever show up to give a quote.

I don't think my website got me any business........ It does however sell my company to customers who have seen my ad or business card. I get alot of people who say,"My deck looks like the 'before' pictures on your website." Several of the $1000+ decks I did last year were because those people could see my results with their own two eyes, even before calling me. These customers are easy to close in one call, because they know what you can do before you ever show up to give a quote.

According to what you wrote above, It sounds to me like you did get several jobs, BECAUSE of your website.

According to what you wrote above, It sounds to me like you did get several jobs, BECAUSE of your website.

That what it also sounds like to me.

"Build it and they will come!" Seriously, with Google, people looking for your services will find you. Most calls I get from the phone book(s) are from people that have been to my site and have seen my work and understand what sets my company apart from all the others. Very little "selling" is then needed.

Web presence is a must to reach customers that other forms are not reaching. If you are the only guy in your area with a site, you amy be the only one to get a call. If a consumer only uses web searches to buy services, you are in a no bib position if you are the only contractor they find.

I LOVE internet based leads..... Higher close rates and higher margins. Most economical form of advertising that I do.

I'm not saying that it isn't important. I guess I should say that it doesn't GENERATE much business for me, but it definitely helped me book the work. I believe that it is a necessary tool, I just can't picture many of my customers using the internet as their initial means to find a deck guy. I have more success from active advertising which leads then to my website for more info if they want it.

Does that make more sense?

I love the way it works for us. I am one to sometimes over qualify a customer (as a sales person, my boss called me 'luke saleswalker' ) I had the lowest returns percentage of the whole store though. Since I was on commission, I liked to make sure that what I sold remained sold.

Our web site is a "No Pressure" brochure and I like it that way. For the demographic that shops this way, when they are ready to buy, they call.

Rod!~

Dustin,

Just checked your site out again and love the new focus on the roof work. That video really puts the homeowner at ease with the demostration of true low pressure cleaning. The before and afters are great as well. That Delavan really seems to put out some great flow. Well done.

I am so close to getting a Bleach Bandit but the wife is fighting me on the garage space. Since I love her I will wait a bit longer.

:lgbow:

Keth

Thanks Keth.That video was actually dual 1.8's.I've upgraded my roof cleaning set up 4 times in the past year.I'm cleaning a roof for the owner of the chemistrystore.com tomorrow.I think thats kind of cool.I Put a flyer in his paper box and didn't know who it was until I called to give him his quote.Our website will always be a work in progress.(thanks to my wife)If I have a customer who I really want to impress I'll tell them to check the web the night after a job to see their before and afters.The latest work that my web site has gotten was to clean the flatwork for a very large shipping company.To make a long story short.They want me to be their go to pw company for all the locations in the state!All because we came up in a search engine for gum removal.They even watched the video.If the Mrs and I make it out to Charleston this summer I'll give you a call.I got the Idea for the seperate web address for roof cleaning from Don Marler.