Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Dreg's List

Question

37 answers to this question

That is the best laugh I have had all day. I think those are OSHA approved flip flops!

Too bad Craigslist doesn't have a grammar checker!

Looks like a hurrican blew through in some of those pictures. I still can't figure out what he's doing on the see-horses (sp?). Looks like vinyl siding or something like that on the ground, maybe he's using a zero degree nozzle or that turbo tip up there. lol. But that doesn't explain the WD-40 in the same picture, so I'm not sure. This poor guys needs a surface cleaner.

Thanks Ken for a great laugh.

Wonder how many times that idiot cleaned his toe nails with the wand

Sorry even my 1st week ever pressure washing I wasnt this stupid

Clown

Wonder where he got the white rocks - cool.

Now what did he charge for this 2 week project?

These are beaut pictures for one of those Master Card priceless picture jokes....

you can tell that the entire set of pictures at the end is his own house.

standing on a sawhorse, trashcan on the side of house used for tools, clear trashbags, soda cans on the plastic furniture, red mulch, white rocks, and pictures taken at night????

No one calls to have their bushes trims, crappy mulch put down, plastic edging installed, and power washing their walkway, and rearrage their plastic furniture.

I wonder if there is a noose around his neck in the pic with him standing on the saw horse?

I wonder if there is going to be a after the saw horse was kicked out from underneath him.

I have never asked anyone to stand on a saw horse for a picture. I usually ask people to smile...maybe he did not want to walk on the masterpiece trekking dirt on it and all.

I like the old guy in that one pic...he looks pissed that some idiot is jumping around in flip-flops shooting the side of his house with a 4000psi machine....hahahha

What a great thread to start a Wednesday morning, I'm laughing my *ss off from some of these posts!

I like the prominent red 5 gallon plastic gas can. Never thought to take a picture of mine. His is much nicer.

He needs to research on this site and see the 1000 reasons listed as to why not to do it this way. Maybe he should drop all of his other services and simply offer trash clean up service. all of his pics tell such a sad story.

Someone tell me when the PW industry went back to using the wand on driveways, because I didn't get the memo. This guy is definately not acheiving 100.00 per hour like this. This type of service urks me to death.

I LOVE MY SURFACE CLEANERS!!!

ILMXJ

Why does it urk you? He obviously not any type of competition

He is WORSE than competition. He is a customers first impression of our profession. Their expectations are set low from day 1 and they attach a price tag that is commensurate with their experience. Next time they call for serice, I walk in a offer a bid that is 2-3x his prior bid and they get sticker shock. After all, why should they pay top $ for another guy in flip flops doing the suicidal idiot dance atop a saw horse. Not that I can't bring them back to reality, but it will take a lot more sales work to do so.

Ultimately, his lack of professionalism costs me time and money...

Philip said:

He is a customers first impression of our profession.

Hear, Hear, and Hallelujah! Does not matter if you are into flat work, wood restoration, or other PW specialties. This small industry has image and quality problems that many are trying to mend in consumers minds.

And companies such as the example on "Dreg's List" do not help the cause.

Why does it urk you? He obviously not any type of competition and like I said is probably just doing his moms house and neighbors.

Because he is leaving the customer somehow convinced that this is the image of the PW industry ( assuming by pics). I work my a$$ off to give this industry a good image, to cause the customer to rethink altogether the entire concept of this industry compared to their last PW experience. It suports my rates and sales program. It's not competition as the way I view it. The guy clearly hasn't " done his homework". This to me doesn't even qualify as lowballer grade. Or maybe that's just the way they do things in the D.C. ( example of how it makes the industry look and how it is viewed by the customer) OR I am simply just too caffinated and was assuming that this was actually a legit business. But if that's the best he has to offer in pics for his service then he should take some better ones, because I wouldn't hire him.

ILMXJ

Do guys actually experiance people who as you say have a bad "image" of the PW industry?

I feel like the majority of the jobs ive done are for people who honestly don't know what the service is supposed to cost. Even those who got their deck done for 100 bucks, something obviously went wrong otherwise they wouldn't be calling me. Plus, someone who actually sees those pics and calls that person expecting a quality job, will never pay what the job is worth, regardless of how strong the industries "image" is

Why does it urk you? He obviously not any type of competition and like I said is probably just doing his moms house and neighbors.

It's this type of example that leads potential customers who do not yet distinguish one from another that there are levels of expertise and quality in a contractor.(ie novice, practiced, educated, certified, seasoned and advanced) This type of public marketing only serves to bring the stigma upon the rest of us who strive for much better and to separate ourselves from this type of result in what I (as a peer) wouldn't really qualify as a service but more like an incomplete job.

Do guys actually experiance people who as you say have a bad "image" of the PW industry?

I feel like the majority of the jobs ive done are for people who honestly don't know what the service is supposed to cost. Even those who got their deck done for 100 bucks, something obviously went wrong otherwise they wouldn't be calling me. Plus, someone who actually sees those pics and calls that person expecting a quality job, will never pay what the job is worth, regardless of how strong the industries "image" is

Yes, we have had to deal with many of whom have been subject to this type of result and it makes it more difficult to gain the trust of what could otherwise have been a loyal customer to someone else but is now skeptical of all of us in the trade after being burned one or more times.

For someone to call the company posting those results, I would have to say they are not very picky and unaware of the potentials that such a company could inflict. That is in my opinion, but for the most part, our clients would not tolerate it. I (like so many others) do not like answering the phone to deal with an irate customer, so I make sure the job is done correctly before leaving the site. If I can't do it correctly and require some additional cleaners to effect the job positively, I will notify them and return to finish the job with the best results possible w/o damaging their property. Quality should not end with a question mark.

my .02

Rod!~

Charlie,

With respect, you may be somewhat new to the business. Go around the block a few times and you may see what other more experienced PW contractors are saying. Most here on TGS are very good contractors that do their best for their customers, their business, and this small, infant industry.

Get involved, get some time in the business, do the best you can for your accounts, and try and stick with it. You'll see soon enough.

What a great thread to start a Wednesday morning, I'm laughing my *ss off from some of these posts!

I like the prominent red 5 gallon plastic gas can. Never thought to take a picture of mine. His is much nicer.

Its a great can. Now he has to go back and get himself a gas cap for his tank.

My observation of the "night time" pics is that jobs regularly take him from sun-up til sundown. Look at the pics of him doing concrete. I calculate his flatwork production rate at about 150 sf/hr.

I'll bet for whomoever he did that job featured in the last few pics, they loved the striping and wand marks left after the concrete dried.

On one hand, I love guys like this.. makes all of our jobs look that much better. But on the other hand, these types of results are what make people start to dictate what they think a job is worth. These pics show homeowner grade results. Anybody with a single DIY bone in their body can get the same outcome. How much should people pay for that. Painters and Landscapers, stick to what you do best! It ain't powerwashing.