Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Who's working

Question

Who's working and what kind of jobs are you doing

The busy season is starting or getting ready to start so what have you all been doing? Are you busy now, are you getting the calls for estimates? Have you started your advertising and have you got any calls from it?

I hope everyone rocks & rolls this year tell us what ups.

I've been doing a lot of HOA pool areas, clubhouse, signs. some hospital work done a few roofs, some decent flat work, been doing some good residential.

Commercial condo complexes is blowing wide open I will be slammed as soon as the pollen is done falling which will be 2,3,4 weeks

I've gotten several calls & jobs from yellow pages and I have been for months tracking down PM companies I've never worked for and have been targetting them along with my regular PM's

I was going to slow down targetting PM's because I was worried that Im going to have to much work, from what i have lined up I'll be buried alive for a few months at least. The I thought this isnt the time to stop my targetting. I figure go for it , I can handle anything that comes my way. So I was up last night faxing fliers and i made up another letter to send my PM's. I also have been working (slowly) on my text for my website ( I'll have it done by 2020 LOL ).

I figure I can handle it all so Im going to go for it this year, last year I backed off because i was so busy not this year

So what the heck are you doing?????

Share some of your ideas and techniques on getting and doing the work. You all are really a great bunch of people and what we all learn & take away from these BB's can only help us in biz and in life

LIFE IS GOOD

Jeff

The Future Pressure Washing KING of .........The WORLD Ha Ha Ha:lgbounces

39 answers to this question

I've got 2 weeks worth of work, with more estimates to do in the beginning of the week.

I started a newsletter campaign in Dec of last year. I know, weird time to start. But I have mailed it off to my existing customer base every single month. I'm starting to reap the rewards.

Done some internet marketing too that panning out well, and I've got a few thousand post cards mailing out on Wed to a select demographic list. I did a test mailing of 100 direct mail letters to this list and I got 2 calls. I bid those this week. If I land those then I am going to rewrite the letter just a tad and fire it again. But I am thinking my postcards are going to be my biggest hit.

My new employee starts tomorrow, and my nephew wants to come to work for me as well. I just dont know about that yet. He's 21, a hard worker, but he's got some issues. But I think him and this other guy who is 18 would make a good team.

Jeff,

I have a few jobs lined up for my opening Day of April 7th. I have a few estimates pending and a few to give today. All residential as this is what I target.

I want to get more work for PMs this year but had no luck last year. I mailed them postcards, flyers, and fax them every month but no luck. I keep on them but so dont' have much confidence I will get their work since I have noticed they usually have their own crews do the pressure washing.

I just signed for one more year with the yellow pages despite not getting any work from them last year. I have sent out 3 rounds of post cards to my demographic are and are advertising in my local paper. I also sent out a flyer to last year's customers offering them last year's price this year if they schedule before July 1.

Thats about it, I don't expect to get busy until the end of April, early May.

Collected on 6 jobs this past week, sold 11 more residential to bring the total to 17 for the next two weeks. Also have 38 wooden landings at 600 s/f each to finish for HOA. We started those last year and have to finish by May. Also have about 40 or so maintenance stainings. Calls are coming in about 2 per day with nothing but phone book, referrals and the website out there right now. April will see a post card mailing and all of my support advertising restarted I am also gonna blitz with door hangers to see what type of results I get. The famine is finally over, let the feast begin.

Right now I'm cranking out a privacy fence to match a deck I did for the customer last year. I'm pretty much booked out all of next month, and I haven't even ran an ad this year yet! I plan on making a few phone calls today to customers from three years ago, to see if they need some sprucing up again. I know a few are definite shoe-ins.

I get a little stressed when I'm overbooked, but it sure beats wondering where the next job is as you're rolling up the hoses! Fourth year in business, and I have never completed a job without having more work on the books, and have always had jobs lined up to start the season off!

I've only had four jobs this year, but heavy advertising starts next week. I have a few decks lined up in late April. The weather is just starting to break up here. I mostly do residential, but have a huge building lined up 70,000sf. This is my first year in the biz and have a decent amount of work lined up all from word of mouth. Hope to increase the momentum through the season!

I've got 2 weeks worth of work, with more estimates to do in the beginning of the week.

I started a newsletter campaign in Dec of last year. I know, weird time to start. But I have mailed it off to my existing customer base every single month. I'm starting to reap the rewards.

Done some internet marketing too that panning out well, and I've got a few thousand post cards mailing out on Wed to a select demographic list. I did a test mailing of 100 direct mail letters to this list and I got 2 calls. I bid those this week. If I land those then I am going to rewrite the letter just a tad and fire it again. But I am thinking my postcards are going to be my biggest hit.

My new employee starts tomorrow, and my nephew wants to come to work for me as well. I just dont know about that yet. He's 21, a hard worker, but he's got some issues. But I think him and this other guy who is 18 would make a good team.

Thats fantastic Don, having 2 weeks of work up in your part of the country. I figured it was still snowing LOL

Newletter every month, wow. Thats aggressive, good!

100 and 2 calls that sounds like a real good start for 100

good luck to you.I always hope the best for you Northern Guys

Jeff

March has been a good month for me. As a sole prop business just getting into year two I define good as any month I make enough to pay the bills. I've done a number of house washes both residential and new construction, some driveways along with a few painting jobs. I have busines lined up for next week and when pollen season ends here I hope the residential wash stuff picks up. Yellow Page ad has brought in business along with some flyers I sent out. I also belong to a netwrking group which has brought some business also. Am thinking about putting an ad in the local paer service directory as well.

Jeff,

I have a few jobs lined up for my opening Day of April 7th. I have a few estimates pending and a few to give today. All residential as this is what I target.

I want to get more work for PMs this year but had no luck last year. I mailed them postcards, flyers, and fax them every month but no luck. I keep on them but so dont' have much confidence I will get their work since I have noticed they usually have their own crews do the pressure washing.

I just signed for one more year with the yellow pages despite not getting any work from them last year. I have sent out 3 rounds of post cards to my demographic are and are advertising in my local paper. I also sent out a flyer to last year's customers offering them last year's price this year if they schedule before July 1.

Thats about it, I don't expect to get busy until the end of April, early May.

Mike

Good to see you have some jobs lined up. Dont give up on the PM's some of them will have to need help sooner or later. I've had to wait over 2 1/2 years before I even got my 1st call and somme have never called, but the ones who have called me stay with me mostly and are making me the $$ Dont give up

I hope you have your best year ever. you sure sound like your trying to corner the PW market with all you adverts

Good luck

Jeff

Collected on 6 jobs this past week, sold 11 more residential to bring the total to 17 for the next two weeks. Also have 38 wooden landings at 600 s/f each to finish for HOA. We started those last year and have to finish by May. Also have about 40 or so maintenance stainings. Calls are coming in about 2 per day with nothing but phone book, referrals and the website out there right now. April will see a post card mailing and all of my support advertising restarted I am also gonna blitz with door hangers to see what type of results I get. The famine is finally over, let the feast begin.

Ken,

The weather I guess is good up there, get 6 jobs a week that will keep you busy along with all your other work. Plenty of wood stuff too, do you do about 40 maintenance staings a year or does it grow every year?

Like you said let the feast begin!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell you must be rich with everything you're into, if not I hope you are soon

Good luck

Jeff

Right now I'm cranking out a privacy fence to match a deck I did for the customer last year. I'm pretty much booked out all of next month, and I haven't even ran an ad this year yet! I plan on making a few phone calls today to customers from three years ago, to see if they need some sprucing up again. I know a few are definite shoe-ins.

I get a little stressed when I'm overbooked, but it sure beats wondering where the next job is as you're rolling up the hoses! Fourth year in business, and I have never completed a job without having more work on the books, and have always had jobs lined up to start the season off!

Your like me Larry stressed when theres to much and stresses when its looking slim. I figure stress is a good motivator!!!!!!!! Sounds like you wont be stressed for lack of work for a while!

Best of luck

Jeff

I've only had four jobs this year, but heavy advertising starts next week. I have a few decks lined up in late April. The weather is just starting to break up here. I mostly do residential, but have a huge building lined up 70,000sf. This is my first year in the biz and have a decent amount of work lined up all from word of mouth. Hope to increase the momentum through the season!

Sounds promising come on Spring time. Whats the 70K building sounds interesting

Good luck

March has been a good month for me. As a sole prop business just getting into year two I define good as any month I make enough to pay the bills. I've done a number of house washes both residential and new construction, some driveways along with a few painting jobs. I have busines lined up for next week and when pollen season ends here I hope the residential wash stuff picks up. Yellow Page ad has brought in business along with some flyers I sent out. I also belong to a netwrking group which has brought some business also. Am thinking about putting an ad in the local paer service directory as well.

Funny. Thats a good month when bills get paid I understand that. When the pollens done you'll be busy. You just dont see pollen up north like down in the south, the stuff is crazy

Good luck Doug

Jeff

I love reading what everybody is doing, its like I can see your brains spinning , Its cool to read

BRING ON THE FEAST ,2007 ................GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Whats everyone one else up to?????

Ken,

The weather I guess is good up there, get 6 jobs a week that will keep you busy along with all your other work. Plenty of wood stuff too, do you do about 40 maintenance staings a year or does it grow every year?

Like you said let the feast begin!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell you must be rich with everything you're into, if not I hope you are soon

Good luck

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Those are the ones that I inspected in November and are due. Most just need a quick cleaning. Wood Tux holds up really well. Only about five of those stainings are two year old Wood Tux and just a light coat on the horizontals should make them look new again.

I live pretty modestly Jeff. Not rich by any stretch.. definitely not what I would consider rich (which would be about five million in liquid and assets and passive earnings of 750K per year) Got a long ways to go to reach that plateau.

I'm restoring a marble vanity and sealing some granite counter tops. Still have issues from heart surgery. Today quoted a house in 800k hood. The guy built the hood, got the job and he is sorta like head of maint. for the owners.5 more to come 550 each. I start off with about 100000 sqft of wood maint and house washes and pools are included in there.Referals for wood starting to come in from a network of deck builders who finished projects over last fall and winter.

Jeff,

This is my best spring yet. Have not started wood yet but getting equipment serviced Wed. and then its time to start as temperatures permit. Booked on wood jobs 6 - 8 weeks out dependent on weather. Web site almost done and advertising will start early April. Looking for a banner year.

Sir James of Knowledgewood,

Stick with the stone, I'm moving to Conn.! You gotta have some of the best demographics on the east coast.

Got 7 jobs lined up for next week and getting a couple calls each day. Got 3 calls back to back Friday from people seeing the Truck and Trailer going down the road. Yesterday, did a Vinyl House Wash (did 2 estimates for neighbors while there) and a Roof Clean. Might get a shot at the flat work for the Motorcycle dealer I bought my Bike from.

Did Nothing but ride today and get a good amount of Sun. Spraying water tomorrow though.

Hope everyone meets their goals this year.

I just went to get gas and ran into a customer from two years ago. He said the decks showing some wear and could use some sprucing up! I love maintenence jobs. Quick work, in and out, good $$ per hour!

Things are absolutely rockin' here!

Got 7 jobs lined up for next week and getting a couple calls each day. Got 3 calls back to back Friday from people seeing the Truck and Trailer going down the road. Yesterday, did a Vinyl House Wash (did 2 estimates for neighbors while there) and a Roof Clean. Might get a shot at the flat work for the Motorcycle dealer I bought my Bike from.

Did Nothing but ride today and get a good amount of Sun. Spraying water tomorrow though.

Hope everyone meets their goals this year.

Hey Michale, whats been going on. This Wynn Cox met you at the nashville roundtable back in oct. Hope works been good to you.

I started pressuring wahing 5 years ago and it has grown every year.This year I think I created a monster.Its kicking my A$$. I am part time and have worked out a 15% discount for a neighborhood HOA.They are charging home owners that have green on the homes.They have lined up 30 houses for me. I have been doing 4 to 5 a day. Now there is another neighborhood that has heard about my discount and wants to do the same thing. All this and I have two deck and a fence job to do. Last week we also cleaned 11,800 linear ft of vinyl fence ( over 2 miles). The home ower paid 40k for the fence and doesnt have anything in it? I have been using 30-50 gallons of bleach a week and thought I was putting a dent in my competitor market. The supply house told me they buy 220 gallons a week.oh well.The sad part is I am having to tell people who call me that it could be a month before I can get to them and if they are willing to wait I would put them on a stand by list.Suprisingly most are willing to wait? Time to raise my prices.

On my third deck already and am booked till the end of May. Just need the weather to cooperate. This time of year is all iffy on the weather. Tornado time. We are lucky that the hail hasn't started yet.

Started the wood season here in NJ yesterday. Just got in from stripping an elevated cedar deck. Friggin' stairs gave me some exercise, I'm tired. Get to do the fascia Monday morning with my rolling scaffold. That should whip my old butt pretty good! But within a week should be back in woodie shape.

But honestly, when that wood cleaned up nice, reminded me of why I do this. There is still a whole lot of satisfaction restoring exterior wood.