Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

What chat topics do YOU want to see scheduled?

What chat topics would you like to see scheduled?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. What chat topics would you like to see scheduled?

• Fleet washing
    • Hood cleaning
    • Flatwork
    • Computer Basics
    • Trouble shooting your pressure washer
    • Effects of different chemical on various surfaces
    • Carpet Cleaning
    • Gutter Cleaning
    • Window Cleaning
    • Other - see post in thread

Question

In order to bring you what you want, we need to hear from you. What chat topics would YOU like to see scheduled, that you would be inclined to participate in? Please vote in the poll. You can select as many choices for this poll as you wish. If there is a topic you don't seelisted, please add it to the thread.

Thanks!

Beth & Rod :corn:

27 answers to this question

house washing?

I would love to debate and discuss this myself.

I really think we need to have a chat on how to PRICE a job.

Just once i would love to see a part timer add the cost's of their truck to the job and not " i need the truck for my reg job so i dont use that cost as a exspense to my buissness"

Man that make's me mad.

"My buissness phone is also my home phone."

"insurance? who need's that?"

ect...ect....

One of you guys needs to pick a date (not a wednesday) and a time, and book the room on the calendar and let me know. It's that simple. I'll send and email to the members. Hosting a chat is as simple as showing up and talking about it. We're usually online off and on to assist.

Beth

I would like to see a chat about pressure washers. Not just trouble shooting but how users like what they have, how presure vs GPM for cleaning power, how to figure engine size to pully ratio to size pump, the pros and cons of duel wand machines vs two machines. I would also like to know what others are using for chem pumps, retreval equipment, how to economically and efficiantly set up the vehicle. I am new to this equipment. My back ground - I did cleaning on farm equipment and trucks, when I was eight, under the supervision of Grandpa and forty-one years later I started in this buisness and like it. :)

Stan

Stanley Pressure Wash

Florence AL

P.S.- Ron is right I have been a surffer and need to be active

Hi Stan,

I'm looking for a host now for the equipment chat. We can certainly cover the areas you mentioned. Normally the conversation flows the direction the users take it. Should have that scheduled soon. Hope to see you online tonight!

Beth;)

Ron, I would LOVE for you to HOST a flatwork one. How about on the 18th, at 8 pm EST? Basically you lead the group and talk flatwork and answer questions, and share stories with others. Can I pencil you in for that one? You would be great for it! :groovy:

Beth,

I don't suppose these chat logs are saved and available for viewingat a later date? I just now "Discovered" this board and have missed A LOT.

Is there a chat session every Thursday? If so, when and where is the topic announced for each week?

Well, if you were in to hoods, it wouldn't seem like a silly question. Your hoses can get really nasty. We have learned to clean them as we roll them so as to avoid having greasy hoses. ;)

Hope to see you all on the Wednesday chat.

Beth

I would like to see one on starting a powerwashing business. Things like licenses, permits, taxes, insurance, start up cost, market analysis, what services to provide, advertising, marketing in general, and so on. I know I personally have a lot of simple questions I would like to ask but don’t always want to make a whole thread out of it. Even though I search the board and post and e mail and even call some people it would be great to ask 20 questions in a row and have them answered in a chat by people who have experience. Just a thought.

Here are a few tips to hosting your own chat....

1. more notice is better - if you can, schedule your chat a week out, or at least a few days

2. post about it on the BBS, add an item to the calendar, and put a remider blurb in the shout box (water cooler) to help people find the event

3. don't just sit in the chat room for one or two minutes. stay in the screen for at least 30 minutes. People can't always arrive at the exact start hour. Be patient.

Hope this helps. We would love to see impromptu chats start up. We can also add as many rooms as we need to, and would love to hear it is time to do that. Enjoy the feature and have fun!

Beth & Rod

You know what would be nice? We have the regional forums, how about regional chats? It would be another great way for guys in the same region to be able to get together, talk about topics in their area, plan roundtables, and get to know each other. Just an idea :)