Sign in to follow this  
itswillist

Business truck insurance ??

Question

Anyone know of a good company with good rates that provides business truck insurance for pressure washing ??? My insurance said they wouldn't cover me if I was in an accident doing anything affiliated with my company. (this is normal coverage "geico") so I'm looking for some cheap coverage for my business/personal truck ....

11 answers to this question

John,

Last week I purchased a new 2007 Ford E250 extended cargo van under my business name. 1M liability, a bunch of other normal coverages, and $500 deductible collision. Yearly premium is $970. Company is Progressive and selected by my agent. This is NJ with some of the highest auto premiums in the country.

I called them (progressive) just now, I have an 05 chevy silverado and I was trying to just get almost minimum insurance and they told me 3000 / year ... They don't like the fact that im 24 yrs old ... :(

John,

I'm soon to be 54. One chargeable small accident when I was in my early 20's. Credit rating, home ownership, and I would think a bunch of other stuff may determine rates. Go figure.

You think your insurance rates are bad, wait till my generation starts beating up on your paycheck. Don't mean to change the subject but your generation is going to have to get to the ramparts and beat back the perks that us 50 somethings are soon to demand. My generation is not the so called "greatest generation". We are the greed generation and its sad.

I called them (progressive) just now, I have an 05 chevy silverado and I was trying to just get almost minimum insurance and they told me 3000 / year ... They don't like the fact that im 24 yrs old ... :(

1997 f 350 Im 27 years old I have Statefarm and mine is 1600 a year for 1 mil coverage.

Five vehicles for $5,000 a year. But I am going to cancel, they have no service, the invoices are impossible to understand. But they have paid off on two claims over 10 years. But before I cancel, I am going to get teh Sprinter repaired. Damn doe, I hope I see her in October.

Try Shelter Insurance, that's who I have mine with. Pay about 1900 a year for '07 Dodge mega-cab, but they give me a multi car discount, plus a discount because I have homeowner's policy with them. The insurance biz in Louisiana is a racket. Most people on here would cr*p if they saw my insurance bills every year.