Sign in to follow this  
A.T.M.

Manufacturing setting estimate

I am looking to estimate a manufacturing and shipping building for janitorial services. I usually charge $23.95/hr to clean any office. However there are not only office areas to clean but on the manufacturing floor there would be garbages to empty, lunchroom, and 1 set of bathrooms in each building. The current cleaning company takes about 5hrs each building and works sunday through thurs. I will need my own equipment and will have to manage tile waxing and stripping in quote. I am not sure what to propose to this company for price. Do I give them a break on volume of cleaning? Please help.

Jeremy

A.T.M.

Pricing for general janitorial work can vary heaps depending on size, location, and schedule. Rule of thumb past decade or so for big business was about $12 per hour or 5 cents per month on the larger daily serviced type locations. On smaller it goes more towards your rates plus floor work/carpet work. Floor rates go from .10 to .30 stripping again dependant on size.

I always took a healthy medium between hourly and sq. ft. in figuring.

To do the hourly you should know how long each cubicle/desk area, restroom, break room, trash can dump or office section takes on average for complete cleaning and then it also doesn't hurt to break that down more into the vacuum chores, sweep/mop chores, and then the trash/dusting chores. It's actually the exact opposite order in performing them tasks BTW and you put different people on each.

But anyways, after it is all said and done..you should be able to hire $8 help, pay for equipment upkeep, and still make 20-40%. Stripping, burnishing, carpets, restroom products are usually extra but if you really want to play with them big boys like Janiking or the 3rd party Johnson Control outfits you gotta throw in some freebies...talk about lowballers..some bigger places are like 4 cents a month last I heard regardless of the higher min. wages..Can you say undocumented labor?