Sign in to follow this  
John T

Flatbed truck I just bought

Question

How sweet of a deal is this truck. It popped up on Ebay @ 5am and I closed the deal with the lady selling it before 8am the same morning. $13,500 for a Ford F550 diesel with so little miles and an aluminum flatbed to me was a steal. I've been searching the net for a few months trying to find a heavy duty flatbed to build a commercial set-up with a large water tank. Tried to make some deals but I couldn't get it done. Then this truck came along.

My deposit was paid and tomorrow morning I get my 99 point inspection done on it(Better inspection then I get here at a garage).

One problem..Still don't know how I'm going to get it since its 1700+ miles from my house and the guy who worked for me the last last few years who would also pick up my trucks has left my business and the country.I scared him out of the US but he was also a Hillary lover which now means JEFF has no competition for his real true love Billary errr Hillary. JEFF LOVES HILLARY MORE THEN LIFE ITSELF:lgbounces

I may be stuck flying down there and getting the truck..I'm just wondering if I can drive 29 straight hours cause I need to get back here immediately!!

eBay Motors: F550 SD/XL 14FT FLATBED.55K MILES**GREAT** (item 180100411122 end time Mar-26-07 05:07:22 PDT)

7 answers to this question

Have it shipped up. I sold my old tacoma on Ebay about 2 years ago and the buyer paid about $400 to have it shipped from Rhode Island to North Carolina. I Uncle just bought a lexus from texas on ebay as well and paid about 500 to have it shipped up to mass. There are many companies that do it. You would just need to request the seller drop it off to the closest shipping site or pay to have the shipper pick it up. When time is money plus the cost of a plane ticket, fuel, tolls and lodging, might be cheaper to have it shipped to you.

Yea go the shipping route. Itll probably end up costing just as much, plus you save the 1700 miles of wear and tear on your own vehicles, not to mention fuel cost both ways and plane ticket for you