Sign in to follow this  
Ed Reedy

Parking Lot

I have a customer who wants me to give him a price on a parking lot. I would have to blow off around the sidewalks and the outside edges of the lot pick up paper and cigarette butts etc, It's for once a week. I never tried this before How to you figure or an hourly rate. It's a pretty good size stip mall.

For now they just want the lot cleaned of cigarette butts and paper picked up . I'm sure down the road a bit I can hit them for power washing. I picked up several of the store fronts for window cleaning. I just trying to find out what the price range is for the parking lot. Do I charge 60.00 hour or is that out of line it might take me 3-4 hours to do the lot by myself.

Ed as part of what I do I use a blower to remove all that stuff from the sidewalks before I PW them.

If you have to do the entire parking lot you might consider subbing it out to a Sweeper company or look into buying of of those small sit down sweepers.

Jon

Dont forget about the kids breaking bottles, Think about what will be there at night....

Just bid on a city project for clean-up on a public new ramp, 456 for one ramp, and 626 spaces for the other... During the day, it is lawyers and business people, but at night, its holly wood blvd, in a Iowa way....

Good Luck in your venture...

Matt

If you are going to get into doing this type of work you need to get you a sweeper. I have one and on jobs that give you weekly work you have to bid it cheap. With my street sweeper I bid on a Kroger parking lot to give you an example lot is about two acres my bid was for $35.00 a night 7 days a week. Would have been about $60.00 for once a week service. They expect a price break for the jobs they want done on a regular basis. I love construction clean up with my truck I get $100.00 an hr and customers think they are getting a bargain. LOL:D

Originally posted by Ed Reedy

I just trying to find out what the price range is for the parking lot. Do I charge 60.00 hour or is that out of line? It might take me 3-4 hours to do the lot by myself.

This is an older thread that I missed somehow. Although it is probably too late, I do offer the following in case someone else has this idea.

If it were to take the lower of the two and be 3 hours at $60.00 an hour, that would be $180.00 to get there lot cleaned up. I seriously doubt that any company will pay this. A sweeping company can do the entire lot in a fraction of the time for a fraction of the cost.

Figure the dimensions of the lot and call a sweeping company or two. Tell them that you need this done to satisfy a job request and would like them to handle it for you. If they do not offer pressure cleaning, then they would be a good company to team up with and combine services. It should not be the goal to make big money off this in a one time deal, but to satisfy your client. If this turns into a regular deal then more profit is in order.

I have many thousand sq ft that I sweep with a push sweeper daily and it will woop you for awhile at the beginning. May not be possible to get it done in 3 or 4 hours on the first go around, while working by yourself.

post-12-13777213779_thumb.gif