Sign in to follow this  
spiker2005

x jet really not all that

Question

I have be using cold water pressure washer for 4 years just bought my first hot water rig from northern tool last month I love it. The hot water really made the difference, but I have talked to some power washers in the area, like in Jersey at the round table they had in March. These powerwashers do not use extention rods to get up on 2 story houses, they use chemical and the xjet to get the house clean. I have what I thought the best xjet out there but it seems not to shoot that high. Maybe I am doing something wrong, I dont know. Maybe Iam using the wrong chemical. I use pro blend envirospec said it would be good on house cleaning along with truck cleaning. The x jet will not reach at least from the ground all the way to the top on the 2 story house. I would like some feed back from the members here. Also Iam looking to find out where to buy house wax to put on houses. Those guys from Jersey say they house wax along with pressure washing. thanks Ken

12 answers to this question

that is odd , I exclusively use the x jet for three story homes , ie walk out basements with no problem reaching all the way to the roof. You didn't mention what PSI or GPM your machine is that may have something to do with it.

Well, the only thing I can give is my opinion mixed with a little fact and experience. First, E-spec cleaning chemicals.. don't like any I have tried. Second.. X-Jet.. great tool when you need a strong solution of chemical (you don't for vinyl) You have to make sure your X-Jet is matched to your machines pressure and flow. I only get 20-25 ft from an X-Jet before the mix gets "misty". Try downstreaming for more height and better chem control. Wax, back to e-spec.. they do have a good application for this arena. Talk to Paul Kassander about it. I still have Sil-O-Wet but I think they changed the name.

You have to make sure your X-Jet is matched to your machines pressure and flow.

Big time. IGNORE the chart that xterior (and northern) publishes, It's crap. According to that chart, a 3000 psi 8 gal gets a #9 orifice, and a 3500psi 2gal machine gets a #13 orifice...

For most machines, a 4gpm gets a #9, an 5.5 gets a #13. Get both and see which works best in your application.

Ok I have the wrong chemical Iam using through the x jet. As far as the x jet itself I thought they were universial ( orfice what orfice) I know this sound stupid but I know you need to match orfice with nozzles but with the x jet I didnt know that. Also I believe my gpm is 4.0 and psi supposed to be 4000 but I been looking at the gage it reads about 3600. Also where do I buy the house wax

Ok I started to pick up what you were lying down. I will by some simply cherry for house washing, but what is 12 %, and can I buy it from the same place I buy the simply cherry. I will be honest with you I clean houses I use the extention rods and a rotary tip the dirt and mold comes off fast with the heat. But if I can use the simply cherry with 12% and the heat without using the extention rods, it also being faster so be it.

Ok I have the wrong chemical Iam using through the x jet. As far as the x jet itself I thought they were universial ( orfice what orfice) I know this sound stupid but I know you need to match orfice with nozzles but with the x jet I didnt know that. Also I believe my gpm is 4.0 and psi supposed to be 4000 but I been looking at the gage it reads about 3600. Also where do I buy the house wax

Find your pump model and do a search. Size your xjet to volume, not pressure. If you are using a 4/4000 I would recommend the #9. If you bought according to the box, you got a #13. It's not a huge difference, but it will mean 3-5 ft more.

Ok I started to pick up what you were lying down. I will by some simply cherry for house washing, but what is 12 %, and can I buy it from the same place I buy the simply cherry. I will be honest with you I clean houses I use the extention rods and a rotary tip the dirt and mold comes off fast with the heat. But if I can use the simply cherry with 12% and the heat without using the extention rods, it also being faster so be it.

Spiker, 12% means 12% sodium hypochlorite as opposed to household bleach. You get it at a pool store or chemical supplier.

Get some Simple Cherry. I can't stand Bob but SC is great stuff.

J/K, Bob. Love ya!

:P

p.s. Spiker your uniform is AWEsome.

hey i just want to ask obvious question.

Is your xjet all metal or half plastic?

if it has the black plastic end, twist it and see if it helps.

it goes from fan to cannon

I lost my x-jet M5 nozzle, and about to ordera new one. If you still hate yours I'll buy it. However, after you match up your orfice size, along with SC & 12%, you will laugh all the way home thinking wow, I used to use an extension, a turbo, etc... I remember the day I switched. But lets actually move even further, do a search on downsteaming. You have about 20 hours worth of reading... but you will be better by knowing each option. I love my x-jet, but downstreaming is great also. They each are superior to an extension wand, and each have their time and place.