Sign in to follow this  
Freshlook

Tip Size...

Question

After running into a few problems of which i was using TOO LITTLE pressure, I wanted to get a few suggestions. My unit is a 4gpm 4k Psi unit and there is all sorts of suggestions on what tips to use, and I'm a little confused. I've gone as far as using my m5 at 30 degree fan to make sure not to damage decks, however not achieving the stripping results needed to remove deadened fibers and stubborn acrylic stains. Just wanted to get a little advice from those who've been at it for eons and learned what's best

4 answers to this question

Like Ken said a 10 works good and I also use an 8 for a little more pressure but still no furring or wood damage. A #8 puts out 1000 psi and of course less than that is hitting the deck if your wand is several inches away.

I use a 4010 and a 4008, just like those guys said. I feel like the stream from an x-jet isn't consistent enough across the contact area. It's thicker in some areas and thinner in others. Oh...and be very careful with the 4008. It helps when you need a little extra punch on good pressure treated lumber, but I wouldn't use it on cedar.

I use a #9 on a dual lance so I can dial down or turn up when needed. The #9 ensures that too much pressure is not advertantly applied.