Sign in to follow this  
Jarrod

Back-logged! Off to a rocky start!

Question

This crappy Michigan weather is really ticking me off. I have all these jobs to do & the weather has held me up for 3 weeks! Now, this next coming week is gonna be nice (supposedly) and I have an eight bld. X 3 story condo job booked for 3 days. All of this week''s customers will be shuffled to this same week, on top of the already (expecting to be scheduled) customers. PLUS my fleets! This is gonna be a tough week.

8 answers to this question

Jarrod

I know the feeling. I get the same weather right after you. I've got jobs starting to pile up. Mother Nature isn't being to kind so far this month.

This crappy Michigan weather is really ticking me off. I have all these jobs to do & the weather has held me up for 3 weeks! Now, this next coming week is gonna be nice (supposedly) and I have an eight bld. X 3 story condo job booked for 3 days. All of this week''s customers will be shuffled to this same week, on top of the already (expecting to be scheduled) customers. PLUS my fleets! This is gonna be a tough week.

I know if someone can do it, you can

I figure if I have 1 rain day in the next 40 days it screws me up, if I get 2 rain days I SCREWED. I love living on the edge

Good luck to you Jarrod, just do what you got to do!!!!!:banghead:

Jarrod,

Hasn't been easy in NJ either. Very strange April. Started stripping and cleaning wood on 3/30, only to stop about 5 days later. April comes in like a lion, low to mid 40 daytime highs and below freezing many nights. Had to wrap the pumps with blankets, hoping they would not freeze up.

Had a backlog of wood ready to stain, but could not start until 4/19. We finally got caught up with staining on 4/26, working like dogs with the first good weather of spring. Snuck a few prep jobs in and hope to get those stained in the next few days. Rained all day this past Friday, and was glad to see it. Was beat as a dog, and even my college kid helper needed a break.

Not so much the expected rain here in April, it was the very low temperatures that made this a strange start to the wood season.

Only time we don't work in the rain is when it is storming and we don't try to strip wood in the rain. As long as its not lightening, we are working.

Only time we don't work in the rain is when it is storming and we don't try to strip wood in the rain. As long as its not lightening, we are working.

Must be something about us Tennessee guys, we were out in the pouring rain in January with highs in the low 40's.

Must be something about us Tennessee guys, we were out in the pouring rain in January with highs in the low 40's.

but your forgetting the snow we had in march, that was a treat. The week before it was in the mid 80's and the next week it had dropped down to low 30's and 2 weeks later back up to the mid 60's and it's been VERY nice down here for awhile now.. How's Military town Wayne? here in the little big city it's clear til the end of the week. high 80's and possibly low 90's is nice weather. just sometimes in this heat i feel like performing haery carrie with my wand just to cool off. YAY, bring on june and july with high 90's and 100% HUMIDITY!!!