Sign in to follow this  
Roger Oakley

The White Deck

Question

Here is some before & after photos of a roof top deck I cleaned and stained recently. The owners wanted a pure White deck, there choice not mine.

Cleaned and neutralised with Shuflo set-up, hand scrubbed to get it clean. Rised off using hose-pipe pressure. This was two floors up in central London, all gear had to go through the house (stairs, carpets etc) so no-way would the pressure washer work on this one. Stain is Cabots Solid. Three coats was needed to get it this White.

post-1658-137772178461_thumb.jpg

post-1658-137772178467_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

Ken,

I know what you mean, personally I don't like it very much, but the owners wanted it this White, tried to get them to go for a semi-trans but solid is what they wanted, to go with the Silver and Pink furniture, flower pots etc

Sounds like some very groovy London'ers. We have done interior paint jobs where I followed up every customer choice with "Are you sure? That tone may not be what you think it will be when applied to the whole room" We try to advise but to an extent its based upon our tastes. Whats most important is giving the customer what he wants. As far as quality, just having seen your work on here, I know that is never in question.