Sign in to follow this  
Curb Appeal

What the heck is up with 12.5% prices?!

Question

I ordered another drum of 12.5% from Univar yesterday. I went to pick it up today and they told me that they are out of stock and they can't get it until NEXT Tuesday! And they said that the price would go up from $1.71/gal to $3.92/gal!!!!

They don't know if this is temporary or not but that the supply is low and the demand is high. Has anyone else experienced this price hike and shortage?

21 answers to this question

At least you guys can buy it near you. I still cannot find any place near me that will sells it. I have to travel pretty far to get it. Would you believe I have tried a couple of pool supply places and they have no idea what I am talking about.

I remember when it was .50 a gl. It is funny that chlorine is a byproduct of another chemical they make and they used to throw it away until they decided they could make money. I am still at .98 a gl but was told that it will go up.

At least you guys can buy it near you. I still cannot find any place near me that will sells it. I have to travel pretty far to get it. Would you believe I have tried a couple of pool supply places and they have no idea what I am talking about.

No pool supply places near me carry it either. Have you looked for a chemical distributor? That is where I get mine. 55gal. for $1.22 a gallon.

I dont think we'll ever get to those prices. When every other house has a pool and is used almost year round, SH will be readily available and relatively cheap.

Here is what I get it for from a chem. manufacturer.

5/gal= $13.45 plus,$5 deposit on container!

or

15/gal= $29.55 plus,$25 deposit on container!

No pool supply places near me carry it either. Have you looked for a chemical distributor? That is where I get mine. 55gal. for $1.22 a gallon.

Yeah Chris, believe it or not the closest one is about an hour and a half away. I am going to look up some Ace hardwares stores. It reall has been a PIA.