Sign in to follow this  
John Doherty

What's Your Favorite Gutter Brush

Question

Had a few hairy gutter situations this week due to landscape, height and distance issues. I think it's time for a change, I need something curved that'll get the front and bottom of the gutter in one swipe, (but not the fascia or soffit). Any recomendations?

10 answers to this question

Had a few hairy gutter situations this week due to landscape, height and distance issues. I think it's time for a change, I need something curved that'll get the front and bottom of the gutter in one swipe, (but not the fascia or soffit). Any recomendations?

John,

Great idea, I know what you mean about have something to better fit the contour of the gutter and maybe a swivel so the brush stays in contact regardless of your extension pole angle.

my gutter brush and my 24' pole came from home depot. it's a soft brush but strong enough to do the job. i also have the "c" shaped model with stiffer bristles. be careful with that one, i took some paint off one time.

rando

I just purchased a gutter brush, and I don't much care for the "c" shaped brush. It is more difficult to use than just a standard brush. The pole holes don't allow the brush to be positioned properly for gutter cleaning. It probably works fine on stacks.

I know that the brush that I use makes you go over the gutter twice but I like it compared to the C brush. I by the RV brush at Walmart or Advance Auto that has the angled head. This allows me to get up against the downspout without much trouble and the ones with the bristles on the side allow you to catch the aluminum trim under the gutter with one swipe on the bottom side.

Just my .02

Anthony