Sign in to follow this  
cmturner

Is a Water fed pole window as clean as a squeegeed window

Considering a water fed pole system, probably a tucker type C with a tucker DI tank. Are the windows cleaned with a WFP as clean as windows cleaned with a swab and a squeege. Also should I go with the type C or something else. Just wanting some feedback from people who have used them.

Thank you

Some will argue it's cleaner. Because you're using super pure water, you're not leaving behind traces of cleaning solution that the squeegee leaves that will later atttract dirt. At least that's there arguement. I have found that my water fed pole, which is a crude home-made version - but works perfectly - cleans as good as if I had squeegeed it. There does not seem to be a difference. There are some exceptions; if a buildings windows had not been cleaned in 3 or 5 years, you should not expect to get it clean with a water fed pole the first cleaning. You will probably have to have your nose on the glass to see what need's to be razored and what else needs to be done in order to clean it. A pass or two with a brush won't clean that kind of dirt. But for regular maintance cleanings, maybe even yearly, a water fed pole seems to be equal. Do some research locally, many times you can rent the DI tank locally. I rent mine for a lot cheaper then I could buy one from Tucker. The Tucker poles are a good choice if you're going to stay at about 30 feet or lower, but anything higher it gets pretty heavy. There have been some very nice new WFP come out in the past few years that are a lot lighter, but also a little more expensive. I have made mine from a 30 foot Unger pole, a nice medium car cleaning brush, and the bright orange 3/8ths (100 ft) air hose from Lowes. Attach one end of the hose to the brush spraying outwards and on the other end attach a garden hose barb to connect to the DI tank. Works great for me, although if I were to use it a lot, I would invest in a real WFP.

Micah is right to a degree. It can be cleaned first time quite well if you have the attachments, some I've made myself. I always like to get nose to glass for the first clean with GG4 & a porcupine scrubber + a triumph blade. Tucker do some good brushes & you may want to ask when you buy, for an extra heavy duty brush to get at really soiled windows.

There is a learning curve to using a wfp, don't think its as easy as washing a car. There is a technique depending on overhead sprays/ through head sprays (tucker) & whether to clean the top frame or not.

GG3/4 will help aid the process of changing over to wfp.

You will also need to know your average tds of your water (hard/soft) to see if you want a DI system or an RO system for hard water areas.

Thanks for your help guys. I am waiting to here back from the culligan man now on a DI tank. I think I am gonna go ahead and buy a 45ft tucker single hose with a dispenser, just in case I need to use some detergent. Most people I have been talking to don't even use soap as long as they got good water. I am thinking I will order a couple good brushes with it also. I am thinking that I might even start using it on low windows even, from what I have been reading they are using them overseas everywhere.

Pure water cleaning is the "Now" of window cleaning,truly the "Hot" topic on many forums. It isn't the 2nd coming but...if you have the right technique you can clean glass a good as traditional methods!

Nice thing is glass cleaned with pure water stays cleaner longer because there's no electro-static charge that attracts dirt & dust like soaps do whether it be professional grade window cleaning detergents or...dish soap which is not my first choice where transparent glass is concerned.

I highly recommend if renting a D.I. tank in areas with high TDS total dissolved solids to look into putting sediment filter plumbed inline prior to it hitting the tank it will help immensely on removing chlorine which is the one thing that will pound a tank quickly.

I run a little different set-up even though i'm dealing with extremely hard water (i mean you could chip a tooth on it) :) is i run a 2 tank set-up called a "Scrubber & Polisher" the 1st tank takes the blunt of the solids and the 2nd tank polishes the water down to zero (which is the whole purpose) i also get a few more gallons of pure water with this set-up..more or less a little insurance.

its a matter of preferance myself i perfer excellent quality and to me the water fed pole just didnt cut it . we chose to repel over the water fed heck didnt even like to use a pole at all to be all out honest .

Considering a water fed pole system, probably a tucker type C with a tucker DI tank. Are the windows cleaned with a WFP as clean as windows cleaned with a swab and a squeege. Also should I go with the type C or something else. Just wanting some feedback from people who have used them.

Thank you