ChrisZRX

Hot water Pressure washer mount in van

I have a van and want to mount my hot pressure washer in it. How can I create duct work that I can route the heat outside the van without cutting the roof.

Any suggestions as to what type of duct work to get and where to get it?

Chris, you could probably use double wall flue pipe and exit out an open door, especially if you have one of those horizontal burners...

But the whole idea of an intense flame inside a small cube scares me!

I've seen really neato pictures of side by side hot machines inside box trailers on this site.

Lots of people do it, but the chance of igniting fumes or even residual exhaust in the van are something I wouldn't care for.

Murphy's Law, and that kinda thing...

r

If I were going to mount a hot water skid in my van (I now pull a HydroTek trailer with it) I would mount it so that it would slide in/out. It would not need exhausting, run cooler and be WAY easier to service. (The supply tank stays mounted in the van.)

As a Service Tech I have seen alot of van installs.

I hate working on Van Mounted Pressure Washers because there is no space for anything else.

One Hood Cleaning Customer decided to mount his in a van and he no longer has a van.

He stored his rolls of plastic, chemicals, Gasoline, Diesel, squeeges, brooms, etc. in the van.

One day his worker started up the machine before removing all of this stuff and the van caught fire.

He burned part of the roof on the resturaunt as well.

You see the vent was properly installed but, the muffler was not a part of the vent system. The fumes from the extra gasoline and the plastic near the muffler were too much.

Also the engine could not Brethe properly because there was a Rain jacket in front of the motor fan and it was pulled onto the shroud of the motor.

If you must use a Van get a Box Van with a roll up door. There is plenty of space and Ventalation.

A regular van is not Recommended by me.

Listen to the wizard...but if that's what you have, then that's what you gotta work with. I know tons of guys and gals that have been using them for a long time and have had zero problems...just be very, very careful.

Here is one setup that I don't think this person would mind me sharing...

post-1756-137772179791_thumb.jpg

I work of a Step Van. Lousy milage but it has the one option only money will buy, it is paid for.

I have a Delco vertical mount diesel fire PW. I did cut a hole in the roof and have had no problems, except in the summer the interior of the van gets warm. I open the sliding door, the back doors and the roof vent. I used single wall galvanized duct screwed together. At the roof I used Selkirk wood stove pipe. I had a roof jack made and sealed the jack/roof interface w/silicone. No problems in 13 years. if you use galvanized duct, remember the fumes given off by galvanized pipe are poison. Start the PW and the burner, letting the galvanized fumes escape the first time you use the PW.

What do you clean? Are you one of those skirt wearing flat washers? Or are you a real man doing exhaust systems?

That looks kinda like my van, except mine is wheatland yellow and has a bit of kitchen grease inside and outside so I don't get accused of wearing a skirt. Now that winter is over and summer is here, I might wear a skirt while driving so I can keep cool. On a warm day it smells like a french fry. But sometimes I smell like a french fry. There are some holes in the aluminum floor because of the SH. But it ain't worn out, only 250,000 miles.

Sgt Hicks

I'll remember how tough the men are in the exhaust hoods when I figure how to put skateboard wheels on my dinosaur surface cleaner !

When it gets 117 in the shade, a kilt would NOT be a bad idea.

Anything goes, in CA

r

On May 30, 2007 at 1:10 PM, ChrisZRX said:

I have a van and want to mount my hot pressure washer in it. How can I create duct work that I can route the heat outside the van without cutting the roof.

Any suggestions as to what type of duct work to get and where to get it?

Do you have any pictures and details on your build? I am looking to build a PW Step Van out of a 1997 Grumman Olson P30 with a 350 Diesel motor with 150,000 miles on it and an automatic transmissionDiesel motor with 150,000 miles on it and an automatic transmission.  I would appreciate any information you could give me on your bill and pictures thank you very much 

Do you have any pictures and details on your build? I am looking to build a PW Step Van out of a 1997 Grumman Olson P30 with a 350 Diesel motor with 150,000 miles on it and an automatic transmissionDiesel motor with 150,000 miles on it and an automatic transmission.  I would appreciate any information you could give me on your bill and pictures thank you very much