Sign in to follow this  
SPW Clean

Trex deck?

Question

10 answers to this question

Trex can be cleaned with a garden hose & deck brush - a power washer for that type "wood" is just a faster rinser. If you do work for Trex, they will send you instructions on what to do...otherwise, you can go to their site and it will link you to the cleaners that they recommend as well as directions for use.

Celeste

I think Trex is old milk jugs w wood chips in it.

It tools well, and won't warp, cup, or twist, but it's wimpy.

No strength to it. It sags.

I don't care too much for it.

r

Thanks everyone. It sounds like a simple mixture of 6% SH and some soap applied and rinsed using the xjet will do the trick. I'm also going to contact Trex to get their process.

Thanks,

Keith

No X-Jet unless you want to leave marks in the material. I've done a good amount of warranty work for Trex.. played with the right technique and chem balance.

Four percent hypochlorite in the bucket, a cup of simple cherry and a truck brush for application followed by a garden hose rinse gives the best results and is an easy sell because you tout "hand brushing" and "no damage".

I especially like the look of a composite deck accented by a no maintenance, plastic balustrade. Real classy.

I've never met a self respecting whaler with a leg carved from trex.

r

Wow, gotta love the search feature!

Ken, thanks for the specifics, used a gal of 12.5, 3 gals h2o and a cup of SC. My helper used a truck brush, easy and it came out great. I don't know if I went a bit over board on the 12.5, but it didn't hurt anything.

Thanks everyone!

I have done substanial warranty work for Trex, and I have found a STIFF Brush and 6% bleach and the composite deck cleaner from PSC-Solutions. Keep in mind you usually have to do 2 washes.I have actually on a few occassions taken the brush off of the handle and scrubbed it on my hands and knees. The deck should no longer have spots when its wet.If you still have spots when its wet, re-wash. When the Trex deck dries apply one of the PSC-Solutions after-care products.