Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Who Does Fleet Work in Philly area?

Nate, I am taking a look at it tommorow. I may ednd up bidding it. It sounds easy (don't they all) I'd like to kep 4 guys on over the winter so I am exploring commercial work options. I would offer this to Ron first as he was the first to reply but I appreciate you throwing your hat into the ring and will keep you in mind.

What happened was this. The bids were by invitation. They were not real receptive when I told them I could recommend contractors from my network. They said I was welcome to bid and subcontract if I chose to. So I bid the busses (based upon what others have told me) at a high price. I did that Saturday morning and this morning I got an email saying the job was mine if I wanted it. Didn't seem like much of an open bid. Either that or I was the last to bid and I lowballed it lol.

These things sit in a yard with sanitary drains, water every 150 feet that flows 10 gpm. The busses are school busses and they are big. Like little houses. I've never done fleet work and I'm sure I'll take a bath until a few guys get used to doing it. Either way it keeps them busy and reduces my payroll burden a bit every month.

So waste water run-off isn't a concern with a gig like this, is this typical that you would wash fleets with sanitary drains? Sorry if I am asking since you stated this is new to you as well. But I take it the normal 5.5gpm units are fine enough to do the task - not much different than house washing? Isn't there more brusing involved? And does hot water come into play anywhere? perhaps steam cleaning the engine bay? A well poplulated trailer of equipment could basically take on this work? Sorry if this sounds like 20 questions - just thinking of the future.