Sign in to follow this  
lisag

Oil stains on vinyl siding - HELP!!!

Question

Hi Everyone:

Has anyone ever done a house wash on vinyl siding and upon it drying, had intermittent oil stains show up? I washed a house as I usually do, using hypo,water, a shot of elimination, and when the house dried there were these little oily spots that showed up. My theory is that they were there all along and once the house was clean, they became visible. I'd really appreciate any information anybody can give, especially how to remove the stains. They look almost as if someone rubbed vasoline on the house, but only in some areas.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. (by the way, I tried rewashing the house with my house wash, safe restore, degreaser and nothing worked).

Thanks for any suggestions to remove this stuff.

Lisa G.

Princess Power Washing.

2 answers to this question

It sounds like areas where the oxidation has been rubbed off of the siding. The only solution, that I know of, is to try to even it out by rubbing or brushing the affected areas. This can even be done dry.

Probably difficult to get a good definite picture, but a picture may help someone here determine the possible cause and maybe a solution. Is it all over or just one area? Is the homeowner complaining or is it just something you noticed? Always nice to do a good job, but you can only get the results that a job will give you. So it may not be anything you did.

Jeff