Sign in to follow this  
dpaull

sodium percarb

Question

Anyone using this stuff regularly in a house wash mix? I'd like to get away from using 6% if at all possible and am going to give it a try on an upcomming house. I've never killed a plant yet, but figure why not use a more plant-friendly, earth-friendly ingredient? Being that it basically neutralizes into oxygen and water, sounds really enviro-friendly to me.

Anyway...what gives you good results on siding as far as a percarbonate mix goes? Is it necessary to add a surfactant to the percarb when mixing? Obviously you'd want to avoid anything with ammonia in it...any other tips? Feel free to give me a ring if you'd rather talk for a minute.

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

could try a toned down version of 'percarb modified apple sauce' from the 'apple sauce' thread.. works on almost anything in the right dilution..the more dawn the more it kicks off/reacts/makes pressure so be careful not to use it in pump up.. :)

On the other end of the scale can you beef up your house/roof wash mix of sodium hypochlorite by adding sodium percarb powder to it. My thoughts on this is because you need a stronger mix than what I get right now for roofs while using an x-jet.

Thank you sir.

You saved me the mess and maybe my eyebrows. I was planning on testing this mix in small quantity at home.

Ahh well...bad day today for me. I tried the percarb though on a retaining wall on a driveway...and on some white gutters. I don't think it did a single thing to be honest.