Sign in to follow this  
Doug Dahlke

Oh Happy Day

Question

Actually had a wash job yesterday. Just a driveway but it is for a PM company with lots of properties and managers. This is the fourth manager I have now done work for. I don't know what was on this drive. The PM said there had been an oil spill and whatever someone else put on the stain caused the red blotch. It was still wet when the after picture was taken. The oil shadow should have lightened up considerably when it dried.

post-2532-137772192278_thumb.jpg

post-2532-137772192284_thumb.jpg

post-2532-13777219229_thumb.jpg

5 answers to this question

It looks like they tried to put muratic acid on it did a job like this once where they put acid on it to try to get the oil spill up

I started out with just hot water. That got rid of most of the red stain. After that was nearly gone I used a concrete cleaner with potassium hydroxide on the oil spots. I put down multiple applications and went over them with hot water. I really wanted to see how it looked completely dry but didn't have the time to waste.

nice job- i would try some f -13 from pressure tek

I have some F-13. I hadn't looked at the MSDS for the concrete cleaner in awhile and thought it was sodium hydroxide based. When I saw potassium I thought the same thing, F-13. I also have some F-18 which does have SH in it. I know others here use F-18 on concrete. The less stuff I need to carry around the better.