Sign in to follow this  
FLORIN

Daycare Playground Equipment

Question

Any body go after this kind of business. I saw a thread on something along this type of work a long time ago but cant find again.

Im thinking my sales pitch would be that they need cleaned because of apearance issues and would get more new kid enrollments but most of all the health issue thing. Ill present to them what kind of germs and nasty stuff is on those equipment and cleaning can substantialy decrease sick kids in their daycare which in turn creates more business because kids dont have to stay at home.

Im hopping to get price ideas or how much time it would take. I will be using SH and a soap and rinse real well. I will also try to push the maintanance program on them. Guys that have done this kind of biz what do you think is sufficient, monthly, quarterly, annually?

5 answers to this question

Sorry don't know any specifics but have seen that there are crews that go around doing all the McDonalds or Carls JR. playgrounds. Talked to one of the guys and they said to the effect that they change out any messed up foam protectors or plexiglass besides just cleaning them. So them type jobs there is a bit more involved. He had a hotsey machine.

Your sales pitch sounds good if you could convince them to do it every quarter I think you would be doing good. I ve never done it but have thought about it before and I would just price it accordingly, to what you would like to make an hour and go from there. As you get used to doing them your speeed should pick up if you cut your self a little on the price.

This might be a good time to make sanitary presentations.

A big cruise ship came down with sickness - again.

...sry... meant this to be a talking point when making a presentation regarding play equipment...

I really like this idea. My girlfriend used to work at a local daycare and has a good relationship with the owner, I am going to see if she will let me clean hers for free (after the snow melt). Then I am going to work on writing up a letter to send to daycare centers in my area. I will let everyone know how it goes.

My thoughts were to wash with a light bleach and warm rinse with very low pressure and not to high a temp, those plastic playgrounds may melt or warp so be careful.