Sign in to follow this  
N.B. DECKS

House Washing chemicals

Question

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum but not new to the power washing industry. I've been doing deck washing and sealing and power washing for about 10 years now. For about 6 of those years I was working for another company as a crew leader, and about 4 years ago I branched out on my own and started my own business, which I have seen grow consistantly grow over the past 4 years. My question is what is the best place to get chemicals to wash any kind of siding, gutters etc. I've been doing alot of research on the internet and on this forum but wanted to get some of your direct opinions.

I'm excited that the season is about to get going here soon and want to make some continuous improvements in my business.

5 answers to this question

Using the search function do some research on house washing and house mix recipes, there is tons of information here.

There is no magical solution that you can pick up at the local hardware, not one that's going to work anyway. Most professionals make their own recipe but the base of most recipes is Sodium Hypochlorite. SH is the only chem that will kill mold, mildew, and algae. Some type of soap is also used which cleans the dirt and grime. Some will also use additives like rinse aid, wet wax, and a foamer for cling.

JFYI you should also fill out your signature, it is a forum rule.