Sign in to follow this  
alvisishere

Methods on reaching high gutters to clean?

Question

For those of you that use a gutter cleaner to remove black streaks off gutters using the spray on and rinse method....How do you reach the gutters??

What I use recommends mixing it 3:1 and put in pump sprayer and apply to gutter and rinse off.

That works well if I can get the reach to gutter with the pump up sprayer from the ground...however I have not found a easy way to apply it to 2 or more stories especially on a windy day.

If you x-jet seems like you waste more that you use, if you use the pump spray method.

I like the spray pump method....I just wish it came with a 12 ft extension!

How do you guys reach the high gutters working from the ground??

34 answers to this question

Hey you extension wand/brush users can we get some pictures and sources of your favorite brush attachement? ..I imagine picking a brush that has just the right amount of aggression and yet holds a decent amount of chem without making a mess is an art form all on its own...

I use a 8" soft truck brush. I do get some drips if I am not careful. I can usually do a run of about 10-15' before I need to re wet and rinse. The longer bristles get the face and underside of the gutter all in one pass.

I always recommend that the customer remove them so I can clean on the ground. They come out much better this way.

Amazing James, to think people will pay you extra for this service.

Do they dismantle their decks for you also?

Oops, I meant to say 10" brush. I have an 8" from lowes that just takes up a little space in the toolbox. I like the brushes Bob has. I use f-13 on the gutters. A little goes a long way. I put about 2 oz in a bucket and just barely cover the bottom with maybe a 1/4" of water.

White synthetic with salt & pepper synthetic border. This soft flagged synthetic fill is an excellent multi-purpose wash brush. For use on windows, cars, vans, trucks, boats, and siding. Clearcoat safe - BRUSHES TRUCK / GUTTER