Sign in to follow this  
sealerguy

Sureflo Fan Tip Advise

Question

I'm building my own sureflo rig, (or delavan not sure?) what I really need advise on is a tip. I'm used to my airless sprayer and am wondering if I can get a somewhat similar flow/fan. My buddies all use the shandawa wands but I'm not a circle pattern guy. I have tried so many things like the tip off of my chapin pump up, and powerwasher tips (which show possibilities). I still have not tried an airless tip (large), allthough I did try running it through my airless gun just to see but it wont make it through the airless gun because I think there is too many restrictions whithin the gun, just wondering if anyone has figured out a perfect fan tip for this style of rig? any help would be appreciated, thanks.

5 answers to this question

Do you use this type of setup? How does it spray? I guess I'm being kind of picky about how I want my spray pattern. A friend of mine is building a stainless steel model fully equiped w/200 ft of hose, deep cycle marine battery, delavan pump, ect.., they will also be on the market hopefully soon and I allready know that I'll need my own tip that I am used too. To each his own I guess. I have been tinkering with this sureflo since last year, just having the tip issue, I want to switch because these pumps last quite a while and would be a savings over the longhaul. Thanks, I'll give you a call next week and we'll hook up.

I do also,(currently titans) but I like the fact thet these pumps are cheap and last a very long time, I'll find a tip that works from pressuretek, My friend scott from thesealerstore is building a prototype unit that will make other sprayers pale in comparison for spraying sealers, and will soon be for sale on the site, I'm just tinkering with tips and such, I believe these units could spray somewhat like an airless (with sealers, and the proper tip), but way cheaper to service, and will outlast any sprayer that I have used tenfold, plus the fact of having a truck mount system will speed up jobs, Thanks for the reply, hope your season is going well!